Navy Arms Rolling Block #2 Disassembly

ligonierbill

These are made by Pedersoli, a nice repro of the old Remington Rolling Block. This one is in 50-70 Government. Disassembly of these should be dead simple: cock it, screw out the little tab on the left side of the receiver, tap out the large pin holding the breach block, pull out the block, lower the hammer, take out that pin, and remove the hammer. Larry Potterfield has a video of this procedure on an original, and the Pedersoli looks like a very accurate copy. Yes, I read their manual.

My problem is I can't get the breach block to come out. Moves around easily (oiled everything) but I can't remove it. Anyone have one of these that can share any tricks?

I'd just leave it be, but I'll be loading some rounds with FFg, and cleaning everything is essential.

ligonierbill

Well, when you're holding the pin in your hand, it's probably far enough out. As stated, yes, I have read the manual. I'm hoping there is someone on the forum that has one of these and has experienced the same problem. I know these Italian reproductions are tight, and this one obviously spent a lot of time in a safe or hanging on the wall. At first, the trigger wouldn't drop the hammer, even with a two-handed grip. Oil and repetition cured that, although it's still tight.

HiBC

I'm not looking at one,and I've never had a Pedersoli,but what comes to mind is the extractor. If it has tha later,rotary extractor that is hung on the side of the breech block,it may be finding away to hang up on you.I could be all wet.