nations dams & powerplants under protection

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
We live next to an ~2 sq mile reservoir in NE Colorado.

Thursday, the below was posted:

"In light of Tuesday's tragic events, the nation's dams and powerplants are under protection.

Carter Lake Closed to boating & surface use until further notice
land use is allowed only away from dam facilities and structures."

This lake is part of the Big Thompson water project - feeds water to about 1 million front range (& eastwards) folks, + farms/agriculture, etc. It has three dams.

You are not allowed to boat (fairly bigtime lake for sailboats, fishing, water skiing, etc.), but can drive across the dams on the roads. We have to drive across either 2 (one way) or one (coming from the other direction) to get to our house.

When asking about this this afternoon, the (very) nice lady (Larimar County Parks admins the lake & area) we talked to this afternoon told us it was the feds that enacted this "precaution."

We have noticed at least "some" unmarked vehicles containing uniformed "folks." They're not locals (Sheriffs, etc.).

Curious if any others have seen anything along these lines & an observation. You can't boat up to the dams but you can drive 18-wheelers across them still - discrepancies .....

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
As an aside & BTW, we had just come backl from a .50 cal shoot & asked the lady if she shot firearms.

"Nope. Had a very bad experience when 20 (apparently a guy had her up against the wall with a handgun to her neck .... more bad things ... ), but I've gotton over that & do want to learn to shoot."

Our names (& friendly handshake) & # post haste .... new convert & we'll walk her through from .22s on up ...

Waterdog

Infrastructure security upgrades...Coincidence??

In the last 10 monthes I was associated with some work that involved up grading the security around
some of our water facilities.

Anybody else out there doing the same, in your part of town??

Waterdog

madmike

I hate to back the feds, but can you imagine the carnage if a damn was blown?

Nets didn't save the Ruhr and Sahr damns, but they should stop terrorists.