nagant revolvers, where to buy?

noelf2

If you really have to have one, you'll probably have to pay a premium on Gunbroker. None of the usual places like AIM Surplus, SOG, Century, etc... have had them for quite a while. The endless supply of cheap Nagant revolvers has dried up.

ISC

It wasn't that long ago when they were only $59 each. They aren't evry practical, ammo is rare and overpriced, and lack power. I wouldn't give anywhere near $200 for one. You can still find a decent used .38 for Less than that pretty easily if you look around.

Hardcase

ISC, I think that you may misunderstand the allure of the Nagant revolver. It's certainly not an everyday shooter, but it represents an interesting bit of history.

Less than a year ago, they were cheap, but that was when gobs of recent refurbs were being imported. Those are all sold, so now it's all older guns and whatever is on the secondary market.

Sure, you could get a .38 for the same money, but that's an apples and oranges comparison.

simonkenton

It is a unique design.

You pick up and extra 50 fps with the design that causes the case to mate to the barrel upon firing.

Fiv3

I bought one around November as a cheap woods gun. Now less than a year later....forget it:D I'm going to hold off and see if the value continues to climb. I'll stick with other guns for such a function.

Weird but very robust design:)

noelf2

Huh? I got MINE a couple of years ago for 69.99 from IO.

I got mine for $69.99 from AIM Surplus, but I did pay $40 shipping for 2 of them. So, my total cost was about $90 as well. Maybe Cheapshooter does the math like I do...??

csmsss

Nagant%20revolver%20%20in%20crate%202.jpg

This one?

R.O

nagant

$150 is the price know for those guns and with the conversion set you can shoot 32 ACP

gandog56

Well, except for the fact that the J&G link provided has then for 100 bucks.

And you lose the gas seal function if you shoot .32 ACP.

Hardcase

There's a reloading discussion going on a thread or two down. Check out Wildalaska's posts.

Supposedly there's no gas cutting problem like there is with the .32 ACP or H&R.

I personally think that if a guy is looking for a cheap (as in inexpensive) revolver as a regular shooter, the Nagant is probably not a great choice. But it's sure an interesting piece to have in a collection.