NAA Pug range report-NOT a toy!

38snapcaps

My wife asked me yesterday if I felt safe when I carry my .22 magnum mini revolver instead of the usual S&W 642. "It looks like such a toy", she said. Since a picture is worth a thousand words I went to the range that afternoon to do an experiment.

I took CCI Mini-Mag and Winchester Super X ammunition. The target from fifteen feet was a one inch thick pine board. Also I took along two 2X4 pieces of wood.

Accuracy shooting with one hand or two resulted in easy two inch or less groups, with the Super X clearly the best out of the one inch barrel.

After I had my paper target to show her, I put up the one inch thick wood board: Standing alone the bullets easily penetrated. Then I placed one 2X4 in front of it; again the bullets penetrated all the way thru. Finally a second 2X4 was placed in front of the first, measuring a total of four inches of wood. The bullets went thru both 2X4's and the Super X bullet lodged itself into the final plank. Interestingly, although the CCI was louder and had more recoil, making me think it had the highest velocity, these bullets stopped somewhere in the second 2X4. I looked up the velocity figures at NAA's website and found the CCI rated 885 fps and the Super X 964 fps.

I was very pleased with the performance of the little mini and when I showed the board to my wife her confidence greatly improved.

EdInk

It will teach a praire dog across the table not to cheat at cards.

Other than that I think .380 is as small as want to go for SD.

Although, I do kind of like that big cowboy belt buckle
with the real small naa revolver built in to the front.