NAA Mini's - Pics

stmcelroy

Over the last 5 years I've managed to accumulate 4 NAA mini revolver, and sold probably another 5 over the last 10 years.

Currently own:

.22lr 1-1/8"
.22mag 1-5/8"
Pug
Black Widow

The Black Widow is my newest purchase and I would have to say probably the best of the bunch followed closely by the PUG.

Post pictures if you've got them. I know a lot of you are closet NAA lovers.:D

I just have one... a "snake eyes" edition... 22 lr

attachment.php

2cooltoolz

Here are my two:

NAA Black Widow .22 mag with PUG grips
NAA Wasp, .22 mag:

wasp.and.black.widow.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Comparison shot of the Black Widow and my S&W 442 .38.

bw.442.width2.jpg

alex0535

You ever watch the show "swamp people"?

One episode they have Bruce talking about his backup gun he keeps in his overalls, it is a NAA mini revolver. He gets pulled overboard by a big alligator that episode, there is some thrashing in the swamp, he pulls out the mini in one swift movement, fires one round point blank, and the alligator goes down.

I don't own one but probably will one day, mostly for the novelty factor. I think they are neat little guns.

PetahW

Here's two, the upper a .22LR frame; the lower a .22Short frame - both with selfmade Jade grip panels. in a selfmade walnut display case.

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

FWIW, of the Jade I could find, no two pieces were exactly alike, so the nearest color/grain matches were chosen, instead - brownish on the LR; greenish on the Short.

FYI - A few dots of epoxy were enough to secure the Jade grip panels to the frame, even under recoil/firing; and should they ever need to be removed, a little low heat from a propane torch will melt the epoxy w/o damage to either Jade or gripframe.

Sevens

I've shot a couple of them and have also been impressed with the build quality, but I don't see myself ever owning one. I would think it would be fun, and funny, to play on a range day with the 5" barrel model. (Is that the "Earl" ?)

However, I'm conflicted on the top-break they made for an extremely short time. I was wildly disappointed that they gave up on the project. I say "conflicted" because I thought it was a glorious thing that they listened to the fans, they acted on the project and they put the whole thing in to motion... And I do give them credit for pulling the plug when they simply did -NOT- feel they could build it to their own standards nor hit any rational price point with it.

But they made a short run of them and you'd literally have to hit the gun lottery to find yourself in the position of buying one, and the price would simply have to be exorbitant when you consider the rarity of them and the following they must have by anyone who is a fan of the NAA Mini-revolvers.

If nothing else, I would love the chance to handle and operate one eventually.

horselips

Nothing "closet" about my love for my NAA Mini Revolver. It's my EDC gun. It's a .22 WMR, 1 5/8" barrel. Turns in 2-2 1/2" groups at 7 yards with Federal 50 gr. HPs.

I know some of you caliber queens and capacity freaks will decry my choice of a NAA Mini for EDC, but I can say this in its defense - it is NEVER, EVER left at home. No matter the weather, no matter what I'm wearing, or not wearing. Anything bigger, and I mean literally anything, will eventually be left at home for one reason or another. When that fateful day happens, your gun might as well be on the moon.

Rule No. 1 > HAVE A GUN!