N frame bored for 7 or 8 round of .357, why not vise versa

Carbon_15

Why dont we see the flip side of the 'drill more smaller holes in the larger N frame cylinder' coin. I for one would love to see a K/L frame bored as a 5 shot .44 magnum.

C.R.Sam

Diameter of cylinder dictates amount of meat around the chambers. L frame barely marginal for 5 holes of .44 special moderate loads. I think .44mag would be inviting disaster, especially if in stainless.

N frame .38spec and or .357mag 6 shooters, in real steel, are a joy to shoot and will last a lifetime with the loads of your choice.

That said, I think the I frame .32 six holers are a work of art. Six shots and bout 20 percent smaller and lighter than J frames.

Sam

mikey357

Smith and Wesson already builds a five-shot .44 Special L-frame, the 696...FWIW, Clements Custom in Mississippi will do much the same (five-shot .44 Special) to YOUR Ruger GP-100...for about 1100 bucks!!!....mikey357

Guy B. Meredith

And then there are the 9 and 10 shot .32 mags (one of each, I believe) that show up at the International Revolver Championships. Just meet power factor, but interesting.