My Woo

SR420

IMG_4103.jpg

AR-100DAEWOO003.jpg

Ticonderoga

deja vu

Funny that you post this; I spent the whole day yesterday reading about the K2 as I was trying to find a spare bolt. I've had one since late 80's, I think I paid $399 including mags (2 or 3), sling and a cleaning kit.

I have photos on my spare hard drive, I'll dig them out tomorrow and post.

Ticonderoga

bolt

Yeah, I found that site and they want like three hundred bucks for a bolt. I'll just keep using mine and if it breaks I'll have the broken area spot welded and will file it back to shape LOL.

Very tough gun, my grandkids will probably be shooting it.

Unlike the gas-driven ARs, it has a very loose bolt (like an AK) & a strong recoil impules (heavier spring and "more" gas) - if we did this to an AR, only know how reliable it could be.

It always looked to me like a "futuristic" FNC. I love the folding stock and the stock cutout for the charging handle.

Had it 15+ years, not one jam - EVER. What AR owner can say that?

It is accurate, I can hold 1.5-2" groups at 100 yards using iron sights and I can't even see the target that far out! LOL

Ticonderoga

my K2

Here are some pics I took back in 2001; sadly, I haven't shot this rifle (or most of my rifles) since.

Right side:

01-k2-r-side.jpg

Left side:

02-k2-l-side.jpg

Sights (you can see where the buttstock links with the back of the receiver; to close, downward pressure is applied to the buttstock and then it pivots on the spring loaded screw on the right side. Once the stock is aligned with the receiver, it pops back up into place - the two pieces form a "z" lock that is quite sturdy):

03-k2-sights.jpg

Inside lower receiver:

04-k2-inside-lower.jpg

Bolt carrier group and body:

05-k2-bcg-and-body.jpg

Bolt carrier group, you can see that it looks much like an AR BCG with the tail end cut off. As the spring is housed forward of the BCG, there is no need for the tail end of the BCG nor does it need a buffer:

06-k2-bcg.jpg

Ticonderoga

full length

I just realized I only put up pics of it folded; digging around I see that the only pic I have of the stock extended is next to my Colt Shorty:

07-k2-comparison-colt-shorty.jpg

SR420

That's a fine looking Woo you have there - thank you for posting the pictures.

I purchased the correct DC Vortex from SEI, so I'm one step closer to running a suppressor on my Woo.

I also made a connection that may lead to a source for the Korean made rail system while I was at SHOT.