My Wife is the Bomb!

Hoskins

I say this because she bought me a Savage 10FP yesterday. I've been talking about getting one for a while but have been talking myself out of it. I figure since I already had a bunch of guns that I didn't need another one...I just really wanted it! I wanted a sub-moa rifle with a heavy barrel, smooth trigger, & was a base LE/Sniper/DM type rifle.

It is in .308 & I will be attempting to become a 1,000 yd shooter. I will also hunt with this rifle, but I won't be attempting to take game at 1,000. Will limit myself/the range to target based on the terminal velocity/energy of the round itself. Paper Targets at a 1,000 will definately be the goal though!

Anyone care to sound off about thier Savages & what kind of rounds & glass you use with them?

kaylorinhi

Can I borrow your wife right before tax returns each year to mentor and guide my young girlfriend? My GF keeps buying guns for herself!!

viking499

Four wives or guns??????:rolleyes:

Don't have any savages, cann't get used to the feel of the trigger. Maybe someday. I have had good luck with Nikon scopes lately.

What is the top end of magnification you are wanting?

BIGR

If I could just get my wife to do the same. Of course she thinks I have enough guns as it is. Someone mentioned the bushnell elite scopes. I have several and have had great success with them.

hooligan1

Hoskins, congrats you found a one in a million lady:). Me also:rolleyes:, anyway enjoy, and we want to see targets dude!!:eek: Savage 110 .270 win. VXII 3x9x40 and it freakin rocks!!!;)

bigbird34

Savage

Ummmmmm,does your wife have any single sisters ???Possibly with guns ???They don't need to be savages !

Buy a Zeiss conquest ...best $400.00 you'll ever spend !!!

Jim

BTW,Have single sister post pictures of her guns :rolleyes:

kaylorinhi

Elite's

I just got my Bushnell back. Had a C-Clamp come loose. This is actually a good post for the Company. I sent it back to the on my dime. They fixed it cleaned it all new O-Rings and sent it back on they're dime! The elite series have a lifetime warranty.

mxsailor803

not just the elite series is covered under warranty. had to send back two different banners for work.....granted they both have been abused from water and mud from deer huntin. can't go wrong with a bushnell, leupold, or nikon.

5RWill

If he is wanting to shoot 1000 yds hell need tactical/target knobs. There are plenty good scope companies today just depends on your price range. Brands could be anywhere from sightron/vortex-nikon/leupold-U.S. Optics/S&B.

Also bigbird34, where in Gods name did you get your conquest for 400? I paid 750 for mine.

jsimmons

My wife got me a S&W M&P15MOE for our 10th aniversary a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if my wife and your wife are somehow related... :)

Bagmup

Too bad you cant give rifles as gifts in Australia :(

I have a Savage 116 in 7mm rem mag with a Bushnell Elite on top... love it

Hoskins

To answer all questions...no one can borrow the wife, she doesn't have any single sisters (you wouldnt want them even if they were single), no pics of the wife will be posted, pics of the gun will be uploaded shortly.:D

Just got cortisone injections in the L5/S1 disc today, not very mobile at this point!:mad:

Thread not worthless...for me anyways...want some of you Carlos Hathcock...Quigley Down Under :Dtype folks to guide me in maximizing the full potential of this weapon & myself in becoming a 1,000 yd shooter!:p:D

Congratulations Hoskins.

My wife agreed to my choice of 'The US Battle Rifle' as a birthday gift.
A friend drove it down from Camp Perry last weekend.

2ndchance

I have the same rifle in a left hand configuration and Pre-AccuTrigger. I use a 20x scope and a 20moa 1-pc scope base. That lets me reach 1000 yards.

Well, I should say, the combination of everything will send my bullet out to 1000 yards, but I have yet to make a decent group at that distance. The error is all me, though. I don't reload .308win and I don't have a lot of money to buy a ton of Match .308win ammo to get good. :(

However, up to 500 yards, I can neuter a bobcat with one shot! :D

5RWill

Put some decent optics and a bipod on it and you'll be ready to go. Run some ammo through it find some that shoots tight groups and go at it. I would recommend black hills kinda expensive but damn good ammunition that will more than likely shoot great in your rifle. When you get your optics make sure to find a good price/performance scope if your wanting to save some money, make sure it holds zero and tracks well when adjusting elevation and windage.

Whoa.... hold the phone there Hoskins. Did you say: I figure since I already had a bunch of guns that I didn't need another one...

Blasphemy!! LOL, carry on. :p