My version of "My Little Battle Rifle"

Well after nearly 4.5 months, my Eform 1 was approved today!
PTR 91 12" barrel. Added a HK heavy buffer, picatinny rail and foregrip, and vortex spitfire 1x prism scope with red/green illumination. Stock is surplus HK.
Also added upgraded trigger group which brought trigger pull down to 4.5 lbs from 12 lbs and noticeably less creep/over travel.
Crappy cell phone pics:

I betcha you got the only one!:D

I think I would have gone with a collapsible stock, though. Seems that would complete the gestalt of the thing.

ttarp

Too cool, the only thing holding me back from one of those is the welded rail, I think I'll have ghillie build me one eventually.

You have fullsize PTR as well right? If so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts comparing the two.

Model12Win

Looks VERY awesome!!! :D

Good job! Would look good with the HK collapsible stock, but I hear those are not comfortable to shoot with. I also notice you don't have a paddle magazine release. You should get one, it makes the rifle. :)

I contemplated the collapsible stock, also referred to as the meat tenderizer/grinder stock. If the stock was able to be positioned on more than just the fully collapsed or fully extended positions, I would think harder on it...

There are several models/styles of side folders for it. Not sure what the Swiss style is.

Another issue with folding and collapsable stocks is the heavy buffer won't work with them. At least it doesn't look like it would. The heavy buffer is 2x as long as the standard buffer and extends into the hollow fixed stock.

ttarp

Another issue with folding and collapsable stocks is the heavy buffer won't work with them.

Good observation, I can't speak for the various folding stocks, but you're right about the A3 stock not taking a heavy buffer.

For what its worth, the telescoping stock isn't quite as bad as folks make it out to be, the A2 stock is definitely the better stock for shooting, but the A3 stock sure does make for a handy little package.

Kosh75287

VERY COOL looking rifle! I know you said that the barrel is 12" long, but I would have guessed closer to 15" or 16". It looks more "balanced" somehow...

dakota.potts

Very cool! Crazy that that beast of a rifle is considered an SBR and it's too concealable to allow it to be unregulated, but a Tavor or Keltec Sub2K is not...

I always said that if I was going to SBR one of those, I'd do an 8" HK91 type set up with collapsing stock

9x19

What kind of sling?

For a side mount 2-point you just need a hook for the front (or a sling swivel will usually fit thru the ring up front).

Hit up Amazon and search on "HK sling"... lots of options and prices.