My take on DPMS

kaylorinhi

Good Afternoon, This thread is in reply to a few PM questions I have received.

I have found that the finish for the DPMS is good enough. The coating is Mil-Spec but the refinement of the metal underneath is not that of the higher end guns like LMT or LaRue.

The light conture barrel takes a little looking to get used to. The lack of additional wieght cut by using this set-up instead of a full wieght is nice in a firearm not needed to endure the rigors of repeated combet engagements.

The version I bought has the flat-top reciever, I purchased an A-2 style rear sight with carrying handle. My main reason for this instead of the A-4 or other variant was the preset elevation adjustments for the 55gr. vice the 62 gr of the A-4. I also purchased a Badger Tactical Charging handle release latch. This piece of gear is absolutely in-dispensible in reactive shooting. Though I have only used it for the occational speed reload drill. The screw-on two-piece UTG handguards have performed flawlessly. For the money they are better than expected. I would use a US manufacturer next time as I was not aware of the place of manufacture(china).

This firearm is not a show piece but it never failed me. I have never had a FTF/FTF, Stovepipe, or X2 feed. The barrel and chamber are Chromoly and slick as a greased marble. The accuracy was only tested as far 50yds and only reactive style drills.

My DPMS will feed from both Gov. style and PMag w/windows without as much as a hiccup.

I will attempt to resize and post Pics as soon as possible

Mike