My suggestions of the best handguns for cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

PzGren

With such powerful argumentation, every quartermaster or firearms procurement officer will be easily convinced!

jar

The Glock is neither a single or a double action pistol.

The quality is also twice that of a Glock. :cool:
Yet more totally unsupported assertions.

When do you plan on even attempting to support any of your assertions with evidence or even reasoned arguments?

Jim Watson

The Glock is neither a single or a double action pistol.

Exactly, same trigger pull all the time, simpler to teach when time and ammo budgets are short, as they usually are for police departments. My local PD used to allow any of a wide range of pistols but they now authorize only Glocks.

The quality is also twice that of a Glock.

Measured how? Because it costs twice as much? That is not an equation the department cares to solve.

Cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrels.

CHF barrels are very common in the industry and stainless steel is not necessarily the best material... unless you plan to neglect it.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrels.
Buy Glocks and replace the barrels with cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrels for $80 each.
https://pro2a-tactical.com/tactical-kinetics-glock-19-9-mm-luger-nitride-chf-barrel.html

You'd probably get a volume discount to reduce that barrel price even more if you bought a significant number of them. Now the quality of the two guns is identical, judged by your somewhat unusual standards, and you've saved hundreds of dollars per firearm.

...or, you could skip all that since Glock barrels are already cold hammer-forged and are nitrided to prevent corrosion. :D;)

cslinger

I mean except for.....
-Parts availablity
-Track record
-Price
-Ammo Cost
-Training issues with DA/SA
-Weight
-Unit cost
-Armorer training vs. the fact that I think my Priest is a certified Glock Armorer
-Complexity

I mean other than those things I totally think you're on to something. ;)

Look I love .45 AARP....errr ACP :p, its probably my favorite semi auto round by far but there is NO WAY I would issue it at a department level for a myriad of reasons. It just doesn't make sense for many reasons. As to the guns well.....except for those minor issues above..........:D

cslinger

...or, you could skip all that since Glock barrels are already cold hammer-forged and are nitrided to prevent corrosion

I mean there are all those shot out Glock barrels out there. They must number in the 10's. :D

I know it was a dog whistle post but even I can’t resist the temptation from time to time. Sue me. :)

PzGren

Agree with post #18. The lack of qualified arguments is not overridden by 41 posts in three days and stoic repetitions:).

I shot the FNX-45 that is owned by a friend of my son and found it pleasant to shoot for accuracy but see absolutely no difference in performance, accuracy wise and for fast follow up shots to the Glock 30 or the H&K45 or USP Expert in .45.
Dallas PD is adding the Staccato 2011 to the list of approved pistols, and while only an unmanly and measly 9mm, I consider that gun to be in a different class than the ones I mentioned. My son is already saving money for the Staccato, flash light and holster.

I think that was the first time out with the Expert. My son shot it and wants it, too, even though he cannot carry it on duty.

Last edited:

PzGren

The curious doggie has to be as close as possible to me and smuggled his nose into the photo. He is always happy when I come back home. At almost nine years he is old for a male Doberman but as playful as when he was a puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.