My sr556 :(

To my surprise the gun had a few malfunctions in the first magazine. It appeared that the bolt was not coming back far enough. The gas system was on 2 so I cranked it up to 3 and the problem was solved.

However I had a misfeed yesterday. THe case was scraped hard on one side by two teeth from the feed ramps and the bullet looks like it scraped the edge of the chamber. Round did however line up but without enough inertia left in the bolt to close up. Could have hit the forward assist but the hammer dropped out of battery so I had to drop mag and clear the round.

I am using a pmag and winchester 55 grain ball. I suspect that the magazine may be to blame and will try another.

ejection pattern (setting 3) with that load is just slightly to the front of 90 degrees of the gun. On setting 2 it was coming back at 135 degrees to bore line. I wonder if the gun needs to break in before the gas system will be running at full tilt.

The gun is accurate enough but a little disappointed with some of the initial malfunctions. Hate to throw anything on the platform to blemish it. Gun looks and handles great.

Also fired cases look to be in reloadable condition so the gun must not be chewing most of the cases up like it that particular one.

the rifleer

I'd clean it realy well and shoot it a lot more and try different ammo before I decided that it was junk. It may just need s good break in before it works like a sewing machine, but then again it could be junk... :rolleyes: give it a chance.

Darren007

I meant magpul pmag.

Ahhh ok. After posting I started thinking thats what you meant. I originally thought you were referring to the brand known as "ProMag" which is often abbreviated as "Pmag", hence my confusion. :eek:

Thats odd that it would give you problems. I haven't had any of the problems that you described and I've shot the same ammo. The only thing I can think of is what the other poster stated. Clean the heck out of it and try again.

Let us know if you get it all worked out.

darko

That does not sound right. With standard factory ammo the setting 2 should be more than enough to work the action. I may even try firing mine on 1 next time I take it out.

I ran 60 rounds out of a different magazine this time. No misfeeds.

Brass kicking out at 2 o clock.

I think it needs a good break in of a few hundred rounds and than some cleaning.

It could have been a bad magpul p-mag or at least one that particular gun does not like. Time will tell.