My sr556 will be in friday!!!

zombie237

SO, I caved and went with Ruger's SR556. I know, I know, there's going to be a lot of people for and against the DI system vs. the gas piston, I know I know, there may be other DI systems out there for the same price that may be proven AR's, I know, I know there are going to be SCAR's and ACR's and so on and so on...but I WANTED the SR556. I will be offering up a range report and over time a longevity report. I have had great customer service and response from Ruger regarding my questions to them about the piston system and the "carrier tilt" issues I found during research and they replied in timely manners with solutions and the porduct guarantee of if there product has issues they will address any problems. So the AR is on the way as we speak. I've never wanted to see a Fed-Ex man in a purely plutonic way so much in my life.

ZeSpectre

I AM SO JEALOUS!

envy.jpg

zombie237

just a quick p.s.

the range report will be based on messing with my remington 22lr in kick comparison, and 8 years of messing with an Army M16-M4, past that i haven't really messed with many other rifles, but i'll have the camera batteries charged up and ready to go!:D

Congratulations! I am looking forward to hearing your experiences with the SR556. I hope you'll take it to a carbine course and give it a good shakedown when you get a chance.

darko

Congrats. I picked one of these up a couple of months ago and love it. It is one heck of a nice rifle.

ZeSpectre

Well, an unexpected windfall means I get to join the SR-556 club soon. Still waiting on that range report from Zombie237 though.

darko

I can offer you a prediction of his report based on my own experience and sum it up in three words:
Accurate
reliable
perfect