My SR22

Marquezj16

Just picked it up today. Took it apart and gave it a good cleaning.
Sharing the pics tonight. Range time Friday and review after.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2360.JPG
    DSCF2360.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 735
  • DSCF2363.JPG
    DSCF2363.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 536

makarov

Those are neat little guns. Am thinking about getting one to teach my daughter to shoot. I think she will like the "cool" factor of it. I have a bull barrel MKII as well, but it is quite a bit heavier. Let us know how the break in period goes. Hopefully Ruger worked out all the bugs before releasing them. I'm kind of waiting a few months to see what happens. Congrats on the new gun!

bitttorrrent

I have an MK II, but this looks nice and with all the time I have waiting for my SR1911, I might as well get this Ruger.

Will check back to see how it performs first time out.

Looks really nice.

Marquezj16

A few things...

The safety acts as a decocker.

The manual states, it is safe to dry fire. I was very surprised about this.

I'm glad it does not have the loaded when up flag like my LC9.

It's cool that it's DA/SA.

I replaced the grip to the bigger size.

Disassembly is a super easy.

It has a magazine disconnect that disengages the trigger completely.

Is it Friday yet?

MAXELM

That SR22 is a real nice looking rimfire. I have a P95 with the decock feature and it is good to have. I 'm on the lookout for one of these now, a fun gun to shoot...

RUT

>>I replaced the grip to the bigger size<<

Same here.... the original/smaller grip is designed for a "girly man". :p

Johnnymurad

I love the gun it is a sweet little shooter. I posted a few videos of it on YouTube and have had great reliability with 1000+ rounds through it with no issues to speak of.

bedbugbilly

Nice post and thanks for sharing the photos.

Can you advise as to what price range these are going for in the LGS?

Also, I'm assuming that it comes with just one magazine - your photo shows two. Are spares readily available or are they hard to come by?
I ask this as I've purchased several Rugers - semis - from a LGS that I usually do business with and they always seem to have to order them as they have a hard time keeping them on the rack. I had this problem with the Ruger SR9 that I bought last year.

The SR22 looks like a nice little gun that would be a lot of fun to shoot. Looking forward to hearing how you like the way it shoots! Thanks!

F=ma

Comes with two mags. Mine shoots great! Price was $299 at local gunshow.

My Buckmark will be seeing a lot fewer groundhogs this spring.

My only problem is the take-down lever has a small ball-detent that seems to extend just a tiny bit too far, so it won't close easily without pushing it in slightly with a fingernail before snapping it closed. Not a big deal, and easily remedied with a couple strokes of a file.

Marquezj16

I paid $329 for mine. One of the main reason why I chose it because it came with two mags. I mean those suckers cost $34.95 at the Ruger store.

I will write about the trigger, function and accuracy tomorrow.

I'll be using CCI Standard Velocity, Federal Bulk 36 gr hollow point, and Federal Auto Match 40 gr. I might stop by Wal Mart to and pick up other ammo as well. Some reports states that this gun is not picky at all. Although Ruger states some subsonic ammo may fail to rack the slide completely.

I'll be shooting at 7, 15 and 25 yards. Shooting will be done offhand.

Is it morning yet?

Marquezj16

Just got back from the range and all I can say is WOW!!!

Okay, there's more, AWESOME! and SWEET!

Full review following lunch.:D