MY SP101 find !!!

GP100man

Finally found my sp101 yesterday at the Fayetteville gunshow !!!!

First or second yr. 38 spc. 3" barrel .

Before cleaning & IBOKing

102_1187.jpg

Did`n`t even fire it or measure the pulls.

Smoothed out nicely & needs more work on SA creep but very serviceable with stock springs !!!

102_1192.jpg

XDforever

You might want to change the date on the pictures. Sorta looks like you've had the revolvers since 2007.

Joe

GP100man

Yeah ,every time I fix it da yungens swipe the batteries & mess it up again so I don`t pay it no mind .

Dave T

Unless you load your own, try some of Buffalo Bore's +P 38 Special 158g SWC-HP GC loads for carry. I'm really impressed with them in strong 38 Specials and even 357 Magnums.

Good Shooting,
Dave

hoytinak

Nice find. I do miss the gunshows up there (was stationed at Bragg for 11 1/2 years), they put the shows here in Amarillo to shame. :(

Crankgrinder

A fine companion for that gp. I have a similar family myself, Hope youre as proud of yours as i am of mine. congratulations.

hulley

Very nice. I love my SP101 in .357mag that I picked up a few weeks ago. Now I need to add a GP100 4" to the tribe! :p

aimtrue

Congratulations! You got yourself a fine revolver.

I did the same thing this past Friday adding a 2.25" SP101 to my growing Ruger collection of GP100's.

MyRuger2inchSP101.jpg

I will soon replace the front sight with a fiber optic one so that I can better align my aiming point. Other than that, the SP101 design is exceptionally sturdy and well-balanced which makes other modifications unecessary.

Good luck and safe shooting with your new Ruger.

Fine firearms.

Have two of them now, and since I bought the second one from my son, have claimed the wife's stubby spurless and it has been residing in my ankle rig real steady like for the 3 - 4 weeks.

All day every day for over two weeks.

Wife is not pack'in hers, so the bit longer barrel and the hammer are no big thing.

Both have Houge grips and spring kits. Both .38/.357

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot