My SKS and Rasheed Carbine (Pics)

Miami_JBT

Below are the two new rifles to my collection. A UAR stamped Egyptian Rasheed Carbine and a Chinese Type 56 SKS Carbine imported by Navy Arms back in the 1980s. The SKS was made in 1968 and the Rasheed was made in the early 1960s. Both are chambered in 7.62x39mm, have ten round magazines, 20 inch barrels, and folding bayonets. That's where the similarities end. Two different rifles built with the same goal but completely different designs.

2011-07-08150703.jpg

2011-07-08150616.jpg

bigghoss

DI, interesting.

a former coworker had a hakim rifle for sale a couple years ago. nice gun but I didn't have the cash.

CLC

I love Egyptian weapons! My good friend has a hakim and its so much fun to shoot and its a head turner at the range. If you don't mind me asking how much you pay or what are they going for these days? I've always wanted one.

Miami_JBT

Posted by CLC:
I love Egyptian weapons! My good friend has a hakim and its so much fun to shoot and its a head turner at the range. If you don't mind me asking how much you pay or what are they going for these days? I've always wanted one.

I paid $460 out the door for my Rasheed. They're pretty rare and I wasn't even looking for it. Just kinda of a "Holy crap.... a Rasheed in a Miami Gun Shop. Wait, the price is what? Sold!" deal.

I've seen them usually selling around the upper $600s. There just aren't many of them so they don't sell often.