My Ruger SP101 story (first revolver)

Stuohn

On March 25th I traded a guy my Remington 700adl in .270 with a Nikon BDC for his Ruger SP101 in .357 with 3in barrel. (First Pic)

I called Ruger on March 27th, after explaining that I had received the revolver in a trade and wanted to know if they could clean it up for me, the extremely paitent rep explained that I would have to send it to them on my dime and sent me the RMA #.

So, after calling around I had to ship UPS next day air for $75.

I dropped off the revolver at UPS customer center on March 30th.

On April 2nd I called the Ruger rep back and explained that I didnt leave a note explaining what I wanted. So I was kinda joking and said I would like for the gun to get the same finish as the SR1911. She explained that she didnt know exactly what that looked like but, she would ask the tech working on it if they could.

So on April 15th I get a UPS notification that they were sendinding my gun back 2nd day air.

So About an hour ago I opened the Box and this is what I have(Last two pics)

Attachments

• Ruger0.jpg
    Ruger0.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Ruger.jpg
    Ruger.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Ruger 2.jpg
    Ruger 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 145

ScotchMan

If that is a silver matte finish like it appears in the picture, that is extremely cool! I like it a lot! The picture is not the best though so its hard to see for sure.

Rogervzv

That is freaking wild! The gun looks very cool. I like the way a new SP101 looks with the bright finish that it comes with stock but I like yours too!

Stuohn

Ya, its a "Matte non-glare finish". I just said I wanted the same finish as the SR1911. Sorry about the pics my daughter lost my camera so Im having to make due with my phone.

rrruger

Wow!!!
I am a Ruger owner.
I just keep hearing great things about their Customer Service!
I'm glad that someone is still making the effort in America!

That is a gun to be proud of

sir_n0thing

I currently own 3 Rugers, from a 1976 Mark 1 to a current SR1911. Have had various Rugers all through my life. I keep hearing how great their CS is... But darn it, I have never had a reason to call them and find out! :p
Great looking revolver there, by the way!