My problem with Keltec/Ruger

Gator Weiss

I have compared both and the Ruger trigger is different

The Ruger gives you a much bigger trigger guard and a slightly different trigger. The Keltec trigger guard is small.

Keltec gives you more checkering and that checkering is sharper and more aggressive. The Ruger gives you a thumgroove on the grip.

If you have a big hand, go with the Ruger. If you are a Woman or have a small hand, use the Keltec.

Personally, I believe the Ruger is just a little bit more rugged, but not by much.

I have been shooting my Ruger LCP. Following a standard 5 yard to 25 yard qualification course, it works just fine. I was very surprised how such a small pistol puts the bullets on target almost just like a big holster-pistol. I am definitely glad I went with the Ruger. Out of a 500 round string, I had no stoppages, no jambs. It cleaned up very easily. I think I am going to keep this one. I am aware that others have had some stoppages with the earlier runs in this model. Mine is a late run, and was purchased new from a gunshop in the Dallas area. It has been a very handy carry-pistol. I can certainly reccommend one.

EdInk

Nothing else is really the same. The P238 is more like an old Colt Pocketlite and is a heavier SA pistol. (The Taurus TCP is similar but has "legendary" reliablity.) The Micro Desert Eagle weighs more than bigger guns with larger calibers and capacity. The Kahr P380 maybe a good option for you.

RickE

My new TCP has no pinch. The trigger is very good for DAO. Grip is better than the other two, and last round lock back is nice. Not a burp so far.

zombieslayer

I'm not for hacking on guns, but a dremel could alleviate the problem if carefully applied. At least they aren't terribly expensive guns. Do you have large fingers or lots of webbing? Sorry to hear about you frustration. I love the design and both are great little guns imo.

tomwalshco

I read somewhere a guy took a torch and a big dowel and reshaped his trigger guard because he was getting pinched, too. Showed comparison pics as well.

Looked interesting, but the downside of a slip up or a couple of extra seconds with the torch might spell disaster. No turning back on that deal....