My P227 is finally complete

Uncle Malice

My G10 grips from the 227 TacOps came in yesterday but I didn't have a chance to cut them down. When I got home from work today I installed them, scored them, took them off, cut them down with the dremel and then cleaned up the edges with 400 grit sandpaper to make them smooth. With thee exception of a slight wave on the rear right side that I need to grind down a little, you would never know these aren't factory length.

And now, my P227 is complete. It's a standard P227 Carry with SRT kit, Gray Guns P-SPIT, Wolff 19lb hammer spring, and the G10 grips from Sig.

I'm really happy with it. Just need to find a good holster for it now.

11084697_1382905172036381_1714713429_n.jpg

Uncle Malice

Thanks man. Never heard of Winthrop.

I recently picked up my first Tulster for the M&P and have been EXTREMELY impressed. My usual go-to for kydex is the Comp-Tac Infidel. This Tulster Profile holster is better. Available in many different colors. Has my preferred style clip, like the OLD Infidels used to have. I don't like the new double strut design on the Infidels. It's very slim fitting against the body and retention is perfect(although adjustable). Only $55 and I had it 8 days after ordering. For a custom holster maker that's nearly unheard of. They're usually like 6+ weeks out. Heck, even Comp-Tac takes like 3 weeks and they're a BIG company.

11117046_359708324226934_1086227306_n.jpg

Uncle Malice

Thanks guys. I love the look of leather, but have never much cared for the feeling of carrying with leather. The only time I use leather is in hybrid styles like Alien Gear / MTAC / etc. Leather holsters just seem to add too much bulk for me.

DaleA

I think AA040371 nailed it in this thread:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554911&highlight=holsters

What I am asking about in this post is if there is a good and efficient way to go about the selection process. In a perfect world I'd stroll into Holster World Or Holsters-R-Us and my personal holster shopping assistant would help me try on and test out various holsters all day long until I found one that met whatever criteria I have. But I have described an alternate universe. Are there any good approaches for trying/testing out various makes and models of holsters that don't involve a long series of purchases and returns?