my oly .223

tulsamal

A 16" barrel. But a 24x scope. And a flashlight so that you can illuminate that target at 600 yards?

I guess I could see mounting that scope for range testing and load development but otherwise it has no place on that rifle!

Gregg

DGindlesperger

scope was bought for my 06 and just got stuck on the AR. light and rail was the first upgrade I put on it for varment hunting at night. Have a 3-9X50 on the 06 right now so thinking It will go on a Tikka 308 in the near future and a reddot will go on the AR. Right now my "project" rifle is a 10/22 and it might even see the scope for a little while :) . Besides all that right now it is fun to shoot, you say it's to much scope for the gun, I say it's fun and that is all that matters ;);

dm1333

Uh oh. An Oly?:rolleyes: But seriously, what loads are you shooting through it? Right now I'm torture testing my AR by shooting nothing but Wolf but I do have the urge to find some better loads and see just how accurate it is. Don't listen to any criticisms of your rifle either, you own it so you can do whatever you want with it.

DGindlesperger

been shooting white box winchester from wal-mart....fires clean and is cheap I think the sun shade on the scope makes the barrel look short ;)

dm1333

That is a really big scope though! Have you heard the beer commercials (Bud?) about "Mr. Cell Phone holster man" and "Enormous SUV driver"? Maybe they should do one for ARs!

Martyn4802

That's a COOL rifle!!!:D
My oldest son would be hot for one like that.
You mentioned that you are on the trail of a modified Ruger 10-22.
If you have any questions about making it shoot, just make a post here. Five years ago, I started accurizing 10-22's, and now have eight of them now. Maybe some of the other guys have experience with them too, and we could shorten the learning curve for you.

Martyn

DGindlesperger

"That is a really big scope though! Have you heard the beer commercials (Bud?) about "Mr. Cell Phone holster man" and "Enormous SUV driver"? Maybe they should do one for ARs!" Now that there is funny :D . Those are the real men of genuis ads for bud and are great.

DonR101395

The same as what? You said you're working on getting 1/2". I was just wondering what they started at and what kind of work had been done to the rifle.

DGindlesperger

said I was getting 1/2" groups. It is a work in progress along with a few others, will post the next upgrade, but that will be a while away and probily a new upper. Before that happens I'm looking at getting tha AR reciever registered as a Pistol to work on. As I said working on a 10/22 right now as a project. I in total I have 4 rifles I keep playing with, I keep them in shooting but like almost everyone on here, We can always make things a little better. I really think part of the fun is making them your own.

scouter27

don, there is a small dot between those two statements. its called a period, and indicated the end and begining of a sentence. i think it might be a differnt thought :D