my newest shotgun purchase

rem870hunter

picked a used NEF SB1 12ga single 28" bl 3" chamber fixed mod choke. near new shape. wood is excellent. nothing wrong it at all. very light mark on barrel and 2 small spots of rust at the front of the hinge area. i shot 3 through it the day after i brought it home. with weather permitting i'll shoot it more and see what shells it likes. new at Dicks is 120.00 local shop had it for 95.00 +tax. my next buy is same going to be the make and model but in 20ga.

bill and new used shotgun.jpg

new shotgun 1.jpg

new shotgun 3.jpg

Last edited:

russian hammer

A buddy has one and laughed at first, but ended up shooting that for hours on end. Can't go wrong for the price and damn it made me feel like a cowboy:D

jlv08

I have one in .410 ga. for the missus. I bought an older, in excellent condition

Marlin model 50 bolt action today. I almost bought the same shotgun that you have there but the Marlin has a beautiful hunk of walnut and looked brand new.

It has a beaded front sight and sling swivel. Full choke. I might use it next deer season as a tree stand gun where I hunt and don't run dogs.

Congrats on your find!!:D

rem870hunter

i like the way it swings,and feels. the only flaw i've found so was there is no notch to center the bead in. i'm going to try it on some clays in the spring for sure. the price i could not beat :D.

rem870hunter

i figured that a notch would work,in place of the non vent rib type barrel. its not going to be a safe queen because of anything like that. its lighter than the 870,i figure on using it more for rabbit,squirrel i'm kinda tired ;) of carrying the 870 in the field for game like that. and when any one of my boys that are old enough to,they can use it when they go out hunting with me :D.