My newest aquisition

drcook

This just arrived today.

It is a 1951 Ithaca 37T 12ga. A "T" had the wide "Knick" rib.

The only flaw/downside is that somewhere in its past, it was opened up to a "Mod" choke.

410931632.jpg

410931633.jpg

410931634.jpg

410931635.jpg

410931636.jpg

410931638.jpg

turkeestalker

That's a very pretty little lady there with some great figured wood... er... that just sounded wrong! :eek:
Seriously though, great looking shotgun, congrats and enjoy!

drcook

comments by Walt Snyder, the Ithaca historian and author of the books on Ithacas suggests that the barrel had it choke changed at the factory. There are factory servicepeople identification marks at the end of the barrel, the letters saying MOD have the correct, height, spacing, layout and placement as original MOD stampings do. The original FULL was carefully blanked out with a small rectangle area and the word MOD substituted. With the facts about the inspector/repairman marks, it is highly probable it is still a 100% factory gun.

The stamping is so precise, it would have been hard to stamp by hand.

That's a very pretty little lady there with some great figured wood... er... that just sounded wrong!

Were you listening to that old song by the Kinks "Lola" before you wrote up that line ???? :D:rolleyes:

drcook

I have one just like that. Belonged to my father.

Fly

details, specifics and pictures please, or it doesn't exist !!!! just picking on you

I would really like to see a picture please.

please join shotgun world and go into the Ithaca forum, post up a picture of your father's/your gun and relate the history of it. you will find the folks there will welcome you !

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=59

I think you would be surprised at the value that these guns have attained, specifically ones that are unmolested.

On my gun, even if the barrel was opened to and remarked mod at the Ithaca factory, it still takes away a few hundred from its value.

upstate81

Dave, you have a very fine collection of 37s. You spend a lot of time and resources not only adding to your own collection but helping others in need to. Keep it up! :)