My newest 929

AzShooter

What a surprise. From the Performance Center, my new S&W 929 eight shot 9 mm. Perfect from the factory. Much better than my first one. No problems with moons sticking.

Trigger is a nice 8 lbs from the factory and 3 crisp lbs for single action. All I did was add the scope, a Leupold 8X 2 power LER, replace the rebound spring with an 11 lbder and got the trigger down to 6.5 lbs.

MrBorland

Nice gun.

I'm guessing you shoot in single action, and put in a light rebound spring while leaving the mainspring alone because you shoot in single action, and wanted a very light SA trigger without compromising reliability. With that light of a rebound spring and stock main, though, it's possible you're gonna have some trigger return issues. Particularly if you ever shoot it in double action mode. For best overall performance, both springs are tuned, and (importantly) balanced.

AzShooter

I only shoot single action when testing loads for accuracy. Other than that it's all double action. There is no problem with trigger return. Springs have been balanced.