My new toy

GetYerShells

Hey everyone, I just got a new toy yesterday. I bought a Century Arms GP1975 AK47. I don't know much about this particular variant. I have cleaned off all the preservative grease on it and lubed it up. I've heard mixed reviews about some AK's out there. Does anyone know if this particular model is one of the Romanian made WASR's? I inspected it and it seems to be really well made. Virtually no magazine wable, no trigger slap, no canted front sight. The only thing is the charging handle will hang up sometimes. That might be because it's brand new gun. Does anyone have any experience with these Ak's? Any help would be appreciated

Phil

Johnywinslow

much better rifle then the werser 10 ( yes i said werser) cuz its werser then all the rest. the GP is a much better AK, that said i dont care much for AKs, mabey it was the piece o **** i had...reliable as can be but wow couldnt not even get a 1gal jug moa out of it. now the yugo RPK thats another story. I can get a solid constant 6 inch group at 100 yards every time! and for a semi auto bullet hose thats prety darn good!

Axel357

Hey Phil,
Got me my own GP'75 back in November and have put a good number of rounds through it since. My bolt used to hang up as well (by hand only, not while firing), but as you guessed, it stops doing it after a couple hundred rounds. I agree that the trigger on it is quite nice for an AK. Haven't had any gun related malfunctions but have had a couple with one specific magazine of the four I have. I have enjoyed decking mine out a bit, too... (purists, look away :)).

j0d10p.jpg

GetYerShells

Wow

Very impressive Axel. I really like what you did with it. Where can you get a forend replacement with an accessory rail like that? I'd like to do some stuff like that to mine in the near future.

Axel357

Thanks!

All the front end furniture is from Mako (http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT). The upper handguard is still the one that came on the rifle.

Ultimak (http://www.ultimak.com/BuyAK.htm) also makes lots of AK rail products that are a little nicer and certainly more sturdy if you plan to mount your optics up front. Significantly more expensive, though.

The grip is an ERGO Grip, stock is an Ace Skeleton, and the scope is on a BP-02 mount and Tantal MPK2 bracket. The flash hider is a Phantom model and the sling is a MOUT setup attached to the stock. The scope itself is just a Bushnell red dot that has worked fine so far, but will be replaced with an EOTech some day.

Ironfist 7.62

I know I'm a little late to the party but I just registered on the site this past week and picked up my own GP1975 last week. So far I've only shot about 100 rounds through her but am very happy for the price I paid. The quality of my particular piece seems flawless at this point. I am hesitant in modding it right now as I have always loved the way this rifle looks in it's purist form. I guess I'll probably do something to it later on when I get bored enough.:D

timothy75

I also got one a couple years ago and its been flawless, even the finish is impressive. I plan on doing some small game hunting with it since it will do under an inch at 50 yards. Nicest ak I've ever owned.