My new to me Sig P226 Sport

Morgo

I've been wanting one of these for a long time but they are very hard to come across here, its actually the first I've seen for sale, so I just had to buy it :)

Sig P226 Sport 9mm

P1000444.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000447.jpg

P1000451.jpg

RamItOne

yeah seen it in a few movies or tv shows, RED and Burn Notice come to mind, its just for looks in the movies, don't see anyone carrying a target series pistol for EDC.

Its pretty much a 226 with target sights and barrel weight. believe they discontinued it a few years ago.

Morgo

Most of the ones used in the movies are the P220 Sport, the .45 version.
Pretty much a target gun only I doubt anyone would want to carry around that much weight with them.

I have the Sig P229 Sport in .357 Sig as well :)

P1020880.jpg

RamItOne

yeah looks like the one I was thinking in Red was in fact the 220 sport, Burn Notice is the 226 sport as well as in GI joe they used the 226 sport.

IMFDB.org

Sig 220 Sport
Title Actor Character Note Date
RED Karl Urban William Cooper None 2010
Four Brothers Tyrese Gibson Angel None 2005
Hostage Unknown Hostage Taker None 2005
S.W.A.T. Jeremy Renner Brian Gamble None 2003
S.W.A.T. Colin Farrell Officer Jim Street None 2003
xXx Werner Daehn Kirill Fitted w/ Scope and/or Suppressor 2002
Exit Wounds DMX Lantrell Walker None 2001
Swordfish John Travolta Gabriel Shear None 2001

Think for the most part non gun enthusiasts mostly believe big gun (overall size) = more bang so movies follow suit

Morgo

"Think for the most part non gun enthusiasts mostly believe big gun (overall size) = more bang so movies follow suit"

I'd definitely agree with that, just look at the wide use of the Desert Eagle in movies.

PzGren

Morgo,

how do you like to shoot it in comparison to the P210? I have shot the 220 Sport and was really impressed with it.

Morgo

I haven't been able to shoot the P226 Sport as yet, the P229 Sport I have is a great shooter but its hard to beat the smoothness of the p210