My new to me S&W 4006.

gearchecker

I just picked this up on GunBroker. It's my first .40 cal pistol. I already have a 669 and a 5906 so this one will fit right in. Since I own the other two it'll be very familiar in function. All three pistol have Ambidextrious de-cockers so I can continue to practice both Left & Right handed without a handicap. Another feature I prefer is the adjustable rear sight. This one's really clean. I'm looking forward to get it in my hands.
So what do you think?

4006-5Leftangled.jpg

4006-4right.jpg

4006-3left.jpg

4006-1ompletekit.jpg

Regards,
Gregory

Viper99

Congrats, looks great. If you don't mind, what did you pay for it? I been lusting for a 5906 for a while.

dsk

Congratulations. I have a 4006 as well, except with the Novak sights and exposed spur hammer. I chose it over the various plastic fantastics on the market because its heavy steel frame better soaks up .40 recoil. The thing is just as comfortable to shoot as a 9mm. So be warned, you'll be buying a lot of ammo for it!

Single Six

What do I think?! I think that YOU'RE the guy who out-bid me on Gunbroker, and I think I SO hate you!!!;) Just kidding...seriously, that is just plain gorgeous. Any Third Gen is a good find as far as I'm concerned, and you're right, it does look super-clean; brand new, even. Congrats!

gearchecker

What did it cost??

I'm not too proud to tell anybody because I got a pretty good deal in the haul.
I paid $450 fro the pistol + $30 in shipping.
My FFL only charges me $10 fro any transfer so I'm in to it for $490.
I've looked at just about everything on the net and all the shops here in the Coeur d'Alene area and the guns they have available are pretty well worn LEO trade-ins. Pricing for them generally runs around $425 +/-.
I got it on gunbroker. the listing was only up for a little more than an hour when I bought it. The seller had a $450 buy it now price, and I had to have it at that price.

I'll buy some ammo to start, but I'm getting my reloading equipment together, so I'll save some money there (or shoot quite a bit more, for the same amount of $$ that the ammo would have cost retail).

Regards,
Gregory