My New ( to me ) 29-2

MP-44

I just picked it up today. It actually looks better than the pic. It is also nice and tight.
N499XXX

Anyone know if the smooth S&W grips are original or add ons?

Now the quest to find some .44mag or special ammo.

sw292Copy_zpsb4bc42a3.jpg

bluetopper

Nice original smooth target stocks on your sought after 4" model 29-2 with three T's.

Target hammer, target trigger and target stocks (grips).

Enjoy.

olddav

I had to settle for a 629-6, I really wanted a blued 44 mag. Could not find one before I had to fly out, so I had to purchase a new one:mad:. Wish I was as lucky as you are! Have fun, and let the pain begin:D

bluetopper

I just have to throw in........reloading and the 44 Magnum are a match made in heaven. The most versatile handgun cartridge there is for a person who reloads.

Winchester_73

Nice original smooth target stocks on your sought after 4" model 29-2 with three T's.

Target hammer, target trigger and target stocks (grips).

A few things. First, the 29 came standard throughout most (if not all, but I am not very familiar with 80s and later production) of its production run with the 3 Ts. The 3Ts matter more on revolvers where all 3 were options, such as a 27 no dash or a model 17. For a 29-2, these "options" were actually standard equipment.

Also, the grips are technically not target stocks, but rather smooth presentation stocks. Those would have been an option and are hard to find. The Target stocks are actually the checkered type.

And one more thing, nice gun. I missed one like that in the case some time ago, and when I lie awake at night, I think of it.