My new (to me) 1911

Stuohn

So I made a trade yesterday (told myself I could quit anytime:D). My Ruger SP101 and Benelli supernova tactical.
for Sig STX 1911. I know the other guy got the better deal but, what the hell.

Attachments

• 106_0113.jpg
    106_0113.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Rabbitt

Hard choice with the Benelli but if you are happy then you got the best of the deal. That is a sweet looking 1911.

blackamos

I think this was a good trade for both of you just gun value wise. I think you will be very happy with the Sig 1911.

You got yourself one hell of a 1911. I love the Sigs. I started with the C3 Crimson Trace. The fit and finish definitely show that Sig is serious in the 1911 game. My C3 slide to frame fit is on par with a more expensive 1911. Enjoy that pistol and if you get buyers remorse, let me have first shot at it ;)

BumbleBug

Sweet gun! If you haven't had experience with 1911's before, I suggest you get comfortable field stripping & re-assembly. Really easy but with a few alignment quirks.

NICE!

...bug :)

Hunter Customs

So I made a trade yesterday (told myself I could quit anytime). My Ruger SP101 and Benelli supernova tactical.
for Sig STX 1911. I know the other guy got the better deal but, what the hell.

I just had one on my bench, the gentleman that owns the gun did not like the slop in the trigger fit, which I will say was the worst I've ever seen.
I fit a new solid aluminum shoe trigger in the gun, removed all the slop in the trigger fit and did a trigger job on the gun setting the pull weight at 3.5 pounds.

Along with a new trigger I put a new hammer, sear and disconnector in the gun.
Overall the Sig is a nice fit gun, but I'm not a fan of the external extractor on a 1911 design pistol.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Cool! Does it shoot as nice as it looks?

As far as reliability. Mine was phenomenal. Very accurate too. Loved it a lot, but sold it. And kept my two Colt's, and I thought I was just selling it because a friend needed a gun because his home was broken into (long story) and I needed money, but in reality..It's just another 1911 copy. Like Bob said, external extractor on a 1911 and the flat slide? I don't know...Literally felt like a SIG P220 and 1911 had one too many drinks one night and out popped the SIG 1911.

Awesome gun! Just wasn't feeling the same as my Colt's.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another some day though. Almost 1,000 rounds out of the box, flawlessly.