My new (to me) 1911

Hawg

I took a Glock in on trade for some stuff the other day. I hate Glocks so I traded it for this 1911 with some custom work. Picked up 100 rounds of Winchester hardball at Wally World today for 28 bucks. Gonna let her rock tomorrow...............If it quits raining.

121.jpg

1211.jpg

1221.jpg

12121.jpg

Fremmer

That's an interesting 1911 there, Hawg. Congrats! Let us know how she shoots, and what you think about Auto Ordinance. I've never shot one of those before.

Hawg

This is one of the older ones from West Hurley. It's had a good bit of custom work on it and never having had any prior experience with AO I can't compare. The frame and slide are cast but that's about all that's left of the original gun. If it shoots as good as it looks it'll be one I won't let go of for a very long time.

Hawg

It's an awsum shooter. A lot more accurate than I am. I'm not a paper puncher but I fired two shots at my 16 inch CAS steel target at 25 yds. Both were touching about three inches high of center. Fired three shots at a similar target at 50 yds. and they were about three inches apart closer to center. Dinged my targets a lil bit so didn't shoot them anymore. I walked a WD-40 can from 25 ft. to about 15 yds. with no misses. No FTF or FTE but all I had was hardball. Don't know how it'll do with HP's or SWC's......Yet! :D