My new SIG PM400 5.56 pistol

Microgunner

Arrived on the 6th and here it is.

It's FDE (obviously) with Magpul grip, forestock and rear sight with an 11" barrel.

I fell immediately in lust!

Some of you may recall I ordered a TacCon 3MR trigger the first day they became available.
I hadn't installed it in my S&W M&P-15T yet and I'm glad because it's going into this compact 6lb SIG.

This thing's easy handling and the FSB feels just like a fully collapsed M4 stock.

SIGPM400003_zps84bc2160.jpg

SIGPM400001_zpsbc0e1f3f.jpg

SIGPM400004_zpsed006be8.jpg

Jay24bal

Very nice indeed.

I have been contemplating picking one up in case ATF decides to change their mind on the brace since, as you state, "
the FSB feels just like a fully collapsed M4 stock

Looks good, and hopefully it shoots as good as it looks.

HKFan9

VERY nice. Make me wonder why i did a form 1 and paid $200 to SBR mine

The brace is still $150, so you're only $50 apart, which to me is worth it being able to have a VFG if you'd like, or a easier to adjust stock. The brace can and does move, but for the extra $50 I would rather have the form 1 freedom.

That being said, I have an AR pistol that I just might buy one of these braces for.

Microgunner

Here it is with a Burris AR-F3 mounted, the Tac-Con 3MR trigger installed and Raptor charging handle in place..

The Burris Fast Fire III came with a cover with clear lenses to prevent damage to the sight. Cool.

PM400withFastFireIII001_zpsc372160a.jpg

PM400withFastFireIII002_zpsa5315a27.jpg

Tac-Con3MRtrigger002_zps0fbf7954.jpg

Darker Loaf

Microgunner, where did you get the FDE arm brace? I've only seen pictures of black ones so far... That's SUPER cool. I want!

Fishbed77

The brace is still $150, so you're only $50 apart, which to me is worth it being able to have a VFG if you'd like, or a easier to adjust stock.

It is my understanding that you can have a VFG on an AR-15 pistol as long as it doesn't have a stock (the Sig brace is not a stock), is at least 26" in overall length, and is not concealed on your person.

Per an ATF ruling, you can add a Magpul AFG to pretty much any AR pistol, as it is not considered a VFG.

I just bought a new SB-15 brace for $115 shipped (and I've seen plenty at the $120 mark). So you are $80 from an SBR NFA stamp... if you don't count the cost of time/money/gas needed to get your name/address engraved, chase down your CLEO for sign-off and fingerprinting, and mail off your paperwork.

Of course, beyond the monetary cost is the whole ethical/moral issue of submitting to a flagrantly unconstitutional law (paying money to exercise a protected basic right?!?!) and having to file burdensome paperwork just to travel across state lines with or sale your personal property. In that respect, the Sig brace is a game-changer, as it frees you from these tyrannical burdens.

Last edited:

Microgunner

Microgunner, where did you get the FDE arm brace? I've only seen pictures of black ones so far... That's SUPER cool. I want!

I purchased the pistol new complete with FSB as supplied by SIG.

Darker Loaf

Awesome, Mircrogunner! I had no idea that they even had FDE braces. As it stood, the classic looking black brace is just a foul thing to me (even though it has capabilities), and it took me a while to warm up to the idea of a non-stock arm-brace. That is the coolest brace ever! Now

Another way to thick of the arm brace is this: rifle stocks cost money too! So, if you are building a rifle, you still have to buy the stock, then register it as an SBR AND deal with the super annoying and time-consuming paperwork [which is definitely a cost of sorts]... Build a pistol and yeah, you have to buy the brace (or just get one with yours from Sig), but really is that much of an additional cost? Not like SBRing somthing.

Microgunner

Kevin_d77,
I'd much prefer a standard 6 position stock but for ease of purchase and ownership the brace is quite acceptable.
I wiggled the stock out about an inch and find the brace sufficient as a butt stock, which is legal to do.
That little 11.5" barrel is so fast handling.

Kevin_d77

I'm debating on a 10.3-11.5 inch barrel. Really looking forward to finishing it so I can shoot it some.

Nice looking piece. I'll keep looking for further range reports.