My new S&W M27

colima

I bought a S&W Model 27 from a friend of mine who needed money. I kind of hated to do it, because I knew he loved that gun, but he said he'd rather a friend got it than a stranger. I paid what I think is more than fair - $525, but that's OK given the circumstances.

This is one beautiful revolver. The blueing is deep and blue, and the checkering along the top of the barrel is something you just never see anymore. Not only that, but I immediately shot one of the best revolver targets I've ever done, so it's love at first sighting for me. Its a 5 inch barrel and the serial number is BET9501.......

Can the experts on this list tell me more about what I have?

C.R.Sam

Nice. The proper platform for the .357magnum.

Somebody will date yours for you.

Just for insurance, use XXX for the last digits on serial numbers when posting in public. Some fruitcake could do bad things with complete number.

Sam

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Two good deeds-

You helped your friend out who was need'in cash; and he
returned the favor by entrusting you with a fine revolver.
Congratulation's, now go enjoy it-

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

PKAY

Colima - Cool gun. Do this, though. Buy the workshop manual for the Smith & Wesson revolver by Jerry Kuhnhausen. I think it's only $18 or $19. Read it from cover to cover. Even if you don't do your own smithing, the knowledge of your gun and its inner workings is invaluable. You can get it online or buy it at a gun show. If the Del Mar you're location says is Del Mar, CA, I think there's a show coming up this month or next in your town.