My new Pooch

IDAHOMIKE

A customer of mine helped me find one of the guns near the top of my wish list. Ive wanted an older Charter Bulldog for eons, and already whipped out a holster and its been a constant companion. Finish is dang good, grips are in nice shape, locks up tight, and even shoots to the sights with my pet 44 Special load.
Thanks for listening to me babble, I just wanted to show her off a bit.

Attachments

• 2013-04-24 08.13.46.jpg
    2013-04-24 08.13.46.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 219

IDAHOMIKE

Mike, I gave $180 cash and an $80 leather order. The gun was my customers mother in laws. Her husband passed a handful of years ago with the safe combo and it sat in there until the combo was stumbled upon. I think I did ok.

You did GREAT!

That's an excellent price for one of the original Charters in .44 Special. Most seem to go well over $300 these days, and are in rougher shape.

IDAHOMIKE

I thought it seemed very reasonable. One of my ol'friends has had one since we were young and we had a whole lotta fun with that one. Now his is beat up and mine is nicer, lol. According to my lookin' around, mine was made in 79 or 80. The new Charters Ive seen/handled seem serviceable, but they sure don't seem as nice as the older ones. It sure is a Joy to carry though, I must say. I always wander back to revolvers and this Bulldog is nice when I don't feel like totin the bigger wheelies.

Chesster

Great price for a great gun. I have several old dogs and you don't have to teach it new tricks, it works fine. I like pach compac grips on mine for better handling.

IDAHOMIKE

Thanks Magnum! One can never have too many .44 Specials. While the Bulldogs arent exactly the pinnacle of firearms manufacturing, they sure are handy. This one shoots good too.
Ive been a long time lurker on your threads. I like the lil spur trigger wheelies that you have posted. And your taste in steel in general is quite good.

IDAHOMIKE

Orders are always welcome, and much appreciated. My Facebook page has more recent stuff on it, but not everyone is a fan of the Facebook.
Havent I seen some leatherwork of yours in a thread? I seem to recall a cute lil setup for a spur trigger of somesort with a window for the cylinder. Always wondered how that worked out.

that was actually an interesting design feature, as it also acts as a bit of a retention system, when the cylinder "snaps" into the window... I kinda did the same for my 45 Colt snubbie, there is an internal window, but the beaver tail outer leather skins over the top of the window.... idea there, was to also act as a retention system, but also to make the package as thin as possible, with the 6 shot 45 cylinder diameter to work around... both of those holsters get used pretty regularly

I like working with the leather, I just honestly don't have the spare time right now :eek:

... & your work & prices are very reasonable :D

IDAHOMIKE

It does seem an interesting concept not seen much these days. Ive been thinking that would be a viable way to make "upside down" shoulder and neck rigs, but have never gotten around to trying it. Plus I don't like ripping off other folks' designs.
I try to keep my prices reasonable so more people can enjoy a real holster, as opposed to some cordura or kydex jobber. Some don't like my work as I use heavier leather than most, especially on work for anything with some heft to it. But I do get a good amount of folks who like the heavy duty gear.

IDAHOMIKE

Thanks, its a real Joy to shoot and a fantastic carry piece. It didn't leave the house with me today, the faithful ol' 629 was giving me the long face this mornin.
Id be curious to see the reincarnation of these. Ive been wanting a Pitbull in 40 S&W, but havent gotten around to it. If their 45 Auto Pitbull ever surfaces, Id be even more ecstatic.