My New Polish AK.

SurplusShooter

Got this for christmas, and let me say it is worlds away from my trustful and reliable WASR 10/63. It is a milled receiver and has its original polish barrel. The trouble I had to go through to get it made NY legal is a hassle but well worth it. Have not shot it yet but am going tomorrow or the next day will update asap.

Attachments

• IMG00017-20111225-1722.jpg
    IMG00017-20111225-1722.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 208

jason_iowa

AK's are my favorite and the 7.62x39 is the best of the intermediate rounds as far as bang for your buck imo.

Grats on the new one I hope you enjoy the addition to your collection.

tobnpr

Man, I LOVE our Romy WASR 10/63. It was my son's first rifle...and still the favorite, I think!
Took it along to the range yesterday along with a couple new toys, and he and his brother banged 140 rounds at a 12" plate at 220 yards, kneeling and even offhand.

It does have a POSP scope to help...but I'm glad I didn't buy into the hype of them being inaccurate. It's a 2-3 minute of angle rifle with cheap Wolf...

I believe "Triggers" has an episode this week on the "AK vs...everything else". I'm going to be sure to catch that one.

Good luck with it, and let us know how she shoots.

SurplusShooter

Back with a range report, was able to keep 25 out of 30 shots dead center mass on a 12 by 24 target free hand during rapid fire at 100 yards and got a 3 inch group also at 100 yards. Accuracy was good for its first time out and is expected to tighten up once i find my sight tool:rolleyes: were ever it is. The ammo was 122grn wolf jacketed hollow point. Over all i am happy with this rifle and it is no tack driver but a good reliable rather accurate enough rang toy.

essohbe

Nice Polish rifle. I didn't know those were milled. Your receiver is already slant cut for a triangle folder too :D

I like the wood furniture on an AK, that's cool you kept it on yours. I left my Romy 7.62x39 wood on but I just got a folding stock from a Polish Beryl so I stuck it on my AK74:

Izzy_Beryl.jpg

Izzy_berylstk.jpg

It's got some improvements over the ACE folders.

spyderdude

Nice AK you got there. I have one of those Polish 1960 Milled AKs as well! :)

IMGP0449.jpg

I swapped out the slant muzzle brake for an AK-74 style brake.

I think it is better quality than the WASR too!

Mike38

No a 1960 polished miled Ak 47 (and it is a true 47 because its milled) in 7.62 x39.

I believe the first production runs of AK47 rifles were stamped. Therefore, wouldn’t a “true AK” be stamped?