My new (old) M1 Garand

CWO4USCGRET

This is my rifle, this is my gun - this is for shooting, this is for fun!
Courtesy of the boot shaped European Country that has given us a lot of things, here is my newest rifle, a Pietro Beretta M1 Garand. The receiver, barrel, and most parts are marked PB for Beretta; the trigger assembly and operating rod are Springfield (SA), and the bolt it Bersa (BMB). Although not 100% matching, and has a new stock, for the money I'm pretty certain it was a damn good deal:

beretta_rightside_1.jpg

Right Side View

beretta_date.jpg

Barrel Date 1955

beretta_serial_number.jpg

Serial Number - 3 digits!

There are more photos posted on my website in this gallery: Beretta Garand photos

It shoots good too!!!

target.jpg

16 rounds. First 8 were at the 15 yard line standing, 0 elevation, 0 windage; fired to ensure the gun would shoot when the trigger was pulled.

The 8 rounds marked with red were shot sitting at the bench, resting the front of the rifle on sandbags. Actual distance was 67 yards from the bench to the target; 4 up 0 windage...I moved to the 100 yard range but didn't bring the targets home; 4 up 2 right; 1 in the X-Ring, all of the remaining 15 rounds except for 3 were in the 9 or 10 ring; the 3 others were 8s. The gun is a shooter!

Hollow: yes, I know Mary. Maybe I should try to show up there!!!

p99guy

That one is Danish Issue (FKF w/crown) FKF - Forsvarets Krigsmaterial Forvaltning (Defence Warmateriel Administration)

The Danish army put the M1 into service as the G M/50. Gevaer Model 1950 (1950-model rifle). This would indicate that Denmark received their first shipment of M1's sometime in 1950. The Italian designation was 'Rifle Model 1951' indicating it's year of adoption in Italy.

In 1952, the privately owned Italian firm Beretta was chosen by NATO as the new offshore European producer of new M1's and spare parts for the NATO countries. Ex-Winchester machinery was provided to Beretta from the U.S. Breda, then state-owned enterprise, was also brought into M1 production for the Italian army.

In the mid 50's Denmark bought a quantity of Beretta and Breda rifles from Italy.(yours would be in the first of that contract :) )

Just thought I would bring it up if you didnt allready know :)

I have one of the CMP Springfield Armory 1943 M1's that was sent to Denmark where during its service there acquired a Danish VAR barrel and a couple of Beretta parts before being given back to the U.S. Army.