My new Marlin/Ruger Classic .44 Mag

Trooper Joe

My dealer got the first one in from his distributor. He showed it to me yesterday and I foolishly walked out without it. Quoted me a price of only $1,000 which I thought was great.

Did not sleep last night especially after seeing the crooks on GunBroker and other sites for prices from $1,250 to $1,500.

What really kept me awake was the vision of this unbelievable beautiful stock. I did not see even one photo on line featuring a stock this nice. Ruger probably did not dare put a photo of this stock on their ad page for fear that everybody would want one.

Just tried some A-Zoom snap caps which loaded and fed like silk. Was thinking of maybe not shooting this but I am sure that feeling will go away.

Let me know what you think.

Trooper Joe

44 AMP

Staff
When Ruger announced, they were going to make Marlin rifles, well before any examples existed, somebody high up at Ruger (don't remember if it was the pres, or who) said "We are going to make Marlins the way they ought to be made!"

From the pictures, looks like they are making good on that promise!

Wag

Very nice! And you BETTER shoot it or we'll have a group together to toss you into lockup! Then WE will go shoot it! :)

--Wag--

Pumpkin

That’s a beautiful and promising example of Ruger’s commitment to Marlin and all who own, shoot and collect them. I have a 1974 336C that has a stock that’s almost that nice so some get out. I’ve also got a 1947 36ADL and a early 80’s 39 that have just plain walnut stocks.

BarryLee

Wow, looks great. One of my favorite guns is my Dad's old Marlin 35. I hope Ruger/Marlin cranks up volume and selection since I'd love to have a couple more calibers.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I love Ruger's take on the Marlin Bullseye. It looks even better red.

That's a nice looking levergun.

You gotta shoot it. We need a range report! :D

bamaranger

Oh Jeez!

I was not aware Ruger was going to produce a '94 so soon, much less they were available. What a nice piece of walnut...I mean really nice. Cannot tell from the pics, did they retain the receiver safety? I bet they did.........
I am glad this carbine is back, and I bet they sell a bunch of them.

tlm225

You sir, won the wood lottery. Awesome looking rifle. If I had one that looked that nice I would be strutting around at the range like a peacock!