My New M1A EBR!

'88Scrat

Thanks for all the help guys. This is what your help has helped me build. Sorry for the poor images but sadly the best camera I have is on my phone.

1A-1.jpg

3A.jpg

4A.jpg

'88Scrat

Orignally Posted by Coach Z:
Looks great, which stock is that?

It's the Sage Navy Seal Grey but when it arrived it seemed slightly darker then others I had seen. I find I am not opposed to this.

I also found out just how fast the Sage stocks fly off the shelf. I ordered mine from Clyde Armory 1 day before they recieved a shipment of 100 of them. When I checked their website 5 days later they were sold out.

SR420

Are you planning to add the EBR trigger shoe and a full auto cut-out cover?

V2-EBR-SHOE.JPG

GREY-M14FACC-f.JPG

The NSG FACC may be hard to get right now, contact Tammy at SAGE if you want one.
Also, is the AFG rock solid the way you have it mounted?

'88Scrat

Originally Posted by SR240:
Are you planning to add the EBR trigger shoe and a full auto cut-out cover?

I am now. How much disassembly is required to add the full auto cut-out cover? I ask because the hardest part of this whole build for me was actually finding a torque wrench that went down to 65 inch pounds. I found one but it is no longer availiable.

The AFG is very solid. The gap is odd looking ain't it?:rolleyes: I was a little skeptical of using both the kydex foregrip and AFG at the same time but it turned out very sturdy.

And by the way SR240 your input during this build was a HUGE help. Thanks goes out to you in particular.

SR420

I am happy to be of service :)

You will need an inch pound torque wrench because the action needs
to be removed from the chassis before you can install the FACC.
You may be able to find a low cost wrench online... it doesn't need to be fancy.
I went without the FACC for about 8 years so it shouldn't be a priority.
I do suggest that you buy an NSG one when you find one because they are not easy to find.

The AFG gap did catch my eye, but it being solid is all that matters.

SR420

There is no 'other' heat shield that I know of.

I've run mine with and without the Kydex cover and currently run the factory
cover on my Mod 0 and a Magpul RFG with ladder rail covers on my CQB-16.

Patriot86

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a nice rifle, I have been thinking about either putting together a "M16" sized AR next or something in 308...votes are for something in 308 now.

Fishbed77

School me on mounting a SAGE stock to an M1A receiver/barrel.

Is this something considerably more involved than installing any other typical stock? Are there special tools or any degree of fitting involved? Mind you, my experience is more with M1 Garands than M1A/M14s.

Last edited:

RampantAndroid

Fishbed, the worst part is getting the castle nut off. I broke a pair of castle nut pliers trying. One that is off, the instead is dead simple :)

'88Scrat

Wow, I like the idea of the EBR trigger shoe but is it really worth almost $70 for something that looks like it could be made on my lathe and break?

SR420

Hundreds of satisfied users of the EBR trigger shoe would testify that it's really worth more than $70.

Keep in mind that the V2 design is the result of the hard work by the good people
at TACOM-RI, NSWC CRANE & Xtreme and that it's designed for military use.

Last edited: