My new GSG 1911 22 lr

the45er

Well doggone if Santa didn't climb down the chimney with this little rascal! I have a modest collection of stock (Colt, Springfield Armory, Kimber, Taurus and Magnum Research, not Les Baer, Les Brown, Wilson Combat) 1911 pistols in 45 and 40 S&W cal and have been wanting a 1911 22 lr for some time now. I could only look at the Walther/Colt version in my LGS. After looking at YouTube videos and other reviews online, I dropped a few hints that I might like this model better.

I'm sure both are fine quality, but in my hands, this GSG just looks and feels like a better made gun. So far, with the ammo in the pic $20/500 at Bass Pro), I couldn't be happier. More accurate than I am by far and no jams. Cheap practice, here we come!

Attachments

• GSG and Herters ammo.jpg
    GSG and Herters ammo.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 34

osbornk

I've had mine a little over a year and have shot it thousands of rounds. It works great and I like it a lot. I found I need to clean it every 400-500 rounds foe it to function properly. I looks, aims and feels exactly like my RIA 1911 in 9mm. You will be very happy with it.