My new Glock 27L

shooter_john

At least that is what I'm calling it.

Why? If you insist on a logical answer, you probably won't get one from me. I just wanted to. I've seen it done, and I wanted to give it a shot. I rarely had any troble concealing the 23, but it would print at times. That is all but completely eliminated now. Plus, I now have a highly concealable gun that can wear a light and still has a decent sight radius. And did I mention that I just wanted to? Part two of this project will be taking a full size magazine and mod'ing it fully match the profile of my newly shortened grip. That will allow me to run the full spectrum of Glock with a simple mag change. (Because I want to :D)

I beavertailed and stipled this pistol a long while ago. Cutting it down to the 27 size frame took me about 45 minutes.

cde73abc.jpg

voyager4520

Very nice!

Part two of this project will be taking a full size magazine and mod'ing it fully match the profile of my newly shortened grip. That will allow me to run the full spectrum of Glock with a simple mag change. (Because I want to :D)
I don't understand, you mean adding material to the part of the magazine that sticks out of the grip to basically be a grip extension? A&G makes magazine sleeves that extend the grip for using a 17/22 magazine in a 26/27, all you'd have to do is remove some backstrap material from that sleeve, but the sleeve attaches with a screw in the rear of the sleeve that tightens against the back of the magazine so you'd have to shorten the screw as well.

ET.

I like it. I carry a Glock 27 because of the concealablity. The pistol handle length is the deciding factor for concealing a gun for me. The barrel length doesn't mean that much to me.

shooter_john

It's not a novel idea.
I did the same to my 2nd gen glock 19 in 1991.

Very nice! I am well aware that I'm not the first person to do this mod. Heck there are a dozen or more companies out there making a whole lot of money to do something that is pretty easy and straightforward to do. I only have one un-altered Glock, and that is primarily because it is brand new... That won't last long. I hardly hesitate to grab the belt sander/ Dremel/ soldering iron and go to work anymore... Working with plastics is pretty easy.