My new friend, Wildey

44 AMP

Staff
New (to me) toy, got it last weekend. Unfortunately, no shop in the nearest city (30 miles away) has any .45 Win Mag ammo. Midway is out (seasonal run?) but they have brass, which I will be ordering soon. There are a couple of places in the next closest city (40 miles the other way) that I will be checking on Friday, but I am not holding any great hope. Not that I will buy a lot, (if they have any), but one box would be nice until my brass gets here.
DSCF0552.jpg

Anybody have any tips?

Here is Wildey making new friends, with a little luck they will be able to go out and play together soon!
DSCF0554.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

Ya know, they said that was a four gun pistol case, I think they lied, I don't see any way to get four of those into that case!:D

BanditSRT8

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Get studying on the gas adjustment knob though, I hear it can be a bit tricky at first getting it adjusted to each different load that you practice with.

WESHOOT2

so glad you didn't say "475".....

Ensure adequate lubrication.

As mentioned above, get intimate with the gas adjust (got manual? Do exactly what it says).

Best chambering for reliable function, by far LOL.

Yellow Pages?

454 gunner

Sweet wildey! You don't see those everyday. I think you can get pretty much any barrel length for those as well. I saw some .45 win mag ammo at gander mountain. I guess winchester still makes it, 260gr hp @1200. It is expensive but available. Have a blast!

Smaug

44 AMP - If it is the same Doskocil case that I've got, just pull out the top layer of foam in the main compartment, and put two more under it. (there are two layers of foam in the main compartment)

Congratulations on the new acquisition. That is an idea caliber to handload for, as you found out. Too bad, it seems like a good caliber.

Seeing it next to the Dessert Beagle puts it in perspective. It is A Big Gun, just doesn't have all that mass around the barrel like the Beagle does.

44 AMP

Staff
Well, I got s couple boxes of ammo...

Winchester 230gr ball. $20 for 20 rnds! I'll let you know when I get a chance to shoot it!

Ranger61

45 Win Mag is pretty easy to load for. I use carbide 45 Colt dies or 45 ACP dies depending on case thickness. Best powders for me seem to be medium handgun magnum powders like Blue Dot and 800X. Have Fun!! :D