My new Delta Gold Cup 10mm

kayakersteve

I just picked up this used Delta Gold Cup and absolutley love it. I owned a Delta Elite before and made a horrible mistake of trading it for another gun. I have regretted this since the day I did it and have always kept my eyes open for another. Well, I just found the deal - 650.00 out the door! Shoots great and I love the Delta once again.

600_IMGP9603.JPG

600_IMGP9605.JPG

600_IMGP9606.JPG

The 10mm Rules, but I still love my 45acp more!

jglsprings

Do you rob banks with all of these guns???!! How do you:

A) Find them.....

B) Pay for them?????

I am SO JEALOUS!!!! All I got for my 50th birthday was a toilet for a bathroom my wife made me remodel..... :(

Nice one. Keep up the good work!:D

5/31/09......... Looking back at this thread I now realize that PlayboyPenguin was not the O/P - Sorry I just assumed that the PBP had struck again - he only had responed. My apologies PBP and kayakersteve

Last edited:

AskMeLater

Cool grips! That looks like polished stainless steel. I like the shiny polished stainless as opposed to the brushed steel. Very nice looking gun.

kayakersteve

update:

Took to my range and fed it 100 Blazers which gobbled up and shot perfectly. Was able to get a nice 2-3 inch 25 yard groups which are great for me. I think it is a keeper.

DasFriek

i almost bought this gun,but price deterred me.i mainly was shopping for 10mm's so of course this was at top of the list.i bought a Glock 20c instead,i love that gun also but i do wonder just what it would have been like to own the Colt.i would have bought the Colt had the one i looked at cost what you paid.it was $1k new at my local shop.
how is the muzzle recoil? is there some or alot of flip?
mabey i need to own both :)

pogo2

Nice gun!

This is one of my favorite guns - I bought mine used about 10 years ago. I don't know how you got yours for that price, as they are worth about $1200 today. The hardest part is finding a source of reasonably priced 10mm practice ammo. I tend to use Georgia Arms as my source.

ColtDeltaGoldCup22.jpg

Dragon55

Very Very nice Gold Cup !! and you got a bargain but...... Such a nice gun deserves better ammo just send me that aluminum looking stuff and I'll use it in my old junker.;);)

kayakersteve

I couldn't believe the price when I heard it!

I literally tore the gun aprt looking for something to be wrong with it. It looked very solid and in great condition, so I just couldn't resist.

Ammo - I'll shoot anything I can get my hands on at this point.

pogo2 - Yours is awesome looking - I like the two piece grip look compared to the wrap around on mine. 1200.00 - Huh, might just have to sell it - NOT:cool:

Stevie-Ray

Well, I just found the deal - 650.00 out the door! Shoots great and I love the Delta once again.
personnage_114.gif
Who the hell sold you a Delta GC for $650? Name, address, phone no.:) I'm betting somehow this thing is going to turn into a Jennings .380 within the next few days at midnight.;)

kayakersteve

I think I'll post a pic of my receipt just to make you more jealous.

I was as surprised as you are. The dealer took this and several more guns in for a customer that needed them sold. I don't know who set the price - I bought it and bolted before anyone could change their minds

nitetrane98

Expect a knock on your door soon, there is a warrant out for your arrest for theft.

Far and away the best gun I've ever owned. The front sight fled the scene early on but the replacement has been there since. The screw in the Accro rear sight finally gave up the ghost recently. Numrich had a spare. Getting it put in was a 1st class PITA. Other than that, after thousands of rounds she keeps on putting 'em exactly where I aim them. I got an EFK Fire Dragon 6" ported barrel in .40 S&W for plinking. Plopped right in like it belonged there all along. Fun to shoot and brass is everywhere for it. (in .40 that is).

Yours has been tweaked a little, they didn't come with a FLGR. Being as how you hate 'em so much, I'll take those ugly old wrap around grips off you hands.
Knock Knock.

bald1

Indeed you got a bargain. I hit a couple of the major pawn shops for the heck of it today looking for a lightweight commander sized 45acp 1911 and maybe a decent HD 12 ga pump. Not unexpectedly, no joy. There was an old abused Colt Delta Elite 10mm @ $995 that had me shaking my head at both the price and condition. I might have given $500 for it but not a penny more. Sad really :(