My new CCW, with pics

Officer's Match

Looks like my CDP Compact has been replaced:

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

sholling

I'm jealous. I've been wanting one but we can't get the alloy Wilson compacts here. I just (today) had to settle for a new Kimber Compact CDP. We'll expect to see groups posted soon.

Officer's Match

Is that a Wilson.......you booger
Yup, a 2002 PROTECTOR, 4" cone barrel "CCO" configuration with an alloy frame. I hear they made about 200 of 'em. They only make PROTECTOR's in 5" now.

Very nice replacement. Have you taken it to the range yet? If so, how's it doing?

Just function firing so far, no paper to show. 50 out of 50 with 230grn ball.

I'm jealous. I've been wanting one but we can't get the alloy Wilson compacts here. I just (today) had to settle for a new Kimber Compact CDP. We'll expect to see groups posted soon.

Feels right at home since an alloy frame CDP Compact is my current ccw. I'll post some groups when I get to an actual range. Probably will side by side with my trusty Kimber, which BTW has been a fantastic weapon itself.

KCabbage

What does that alloy frame drop the weight down to? Those are some slick looking sights, who makes those?
Thanks

Officer's Match

What does that alloy frame drop the weight down to? Those are some slick looking sights, who makes those?
Thanks

IIRC, about 29 ounces. As for the sights, they are Wilson's own design, although I'm unsure as to the manufacturer - may be Wilson themselves.

Officer's Match

I know what you mean, but even though this is my first genuine semi-custom (although one could argue that my Customshop Springfield is in the same catagory) I intend to use it to it's fullest, rather than take up space in a safe. I just hope I never have to use it in self defense, as I'd likely become a fugitive from the law rather than turn it over to evidence lockup.
:eek:
;)

Hornett

4" cone barrel "CCO" configuration with an alloy frame
:eek:I forgot how to type for a minute.....
It is the perfect CCW!
Grats

Feels right at home since an alloy frame CDP Compact is my current ccw.
As is mine.
That or a Colt CCO is all that I can think of that would be better.
And you found one.

Did you have to sell your car to buy it?

whippoorwill

I just (today) had to settle for a new Kimber Compact CDP.

One should never "settle" for less than what they want. It shows a decided lack of character. :rolleyes:

Why not just send the Kimber to me, as I wouldn't consider it settling. Then, you can save your money and your character, and buy a Wilson!