My new Beretta 92!

Larry C.

Howdy,

OK, so my Beretta 92 is still on lay-away! I'm really excited about it. It has the Bruniton finish and I agreed on the $499 price tag; it's used, in excellent cond. (IMHO).
This 92FS has one slightly different feature: It has engraved on the slide: "Operation Enduring Freedom." with a US flag and the symbol of the U.S. Air Force as well in Gold and also says "1 of 1,000". I also understand that other runs were made for the different branches: USMC, Navy, et al.

The main reason I chose this one over two new ones was it's relatively pleasant DA (first pull) and yes, price. I haven't decided if I wanna send her to Langdon Tactical Technologies once I actually get 'er paid for. His services come highly recomended and I hope to use my Beretta for IDPA this Summer.

Can't wait, because NOW I've got a quality gun with which I can take advantage of all this CHEAP 9mm ammo! ($3.86 per 50 rd. box locally! CCI Blazer). FWIW: I'm a died-in-the-wool "Revolver" guy, but I can shoot almost twice as much with 9mm as I could with .38 Sp!
Hopefully, I'll overcome the "crunchenticker" trigger (DA then SA) and be competitive with some of the less experienced folks in IDPA. Being fairly heavy, I just know she'll be fun for practice and just plain target shooting.
Please feel free to contribute anything you know about the Beretta 92.

Respectfully,
Larry C. :)

Dpswan

Congrats on your Beretta 92! I've owned many guns and that is my personal favorite. It's big, heavy, but shoots the best of any gun out there. One concern, are you sure you are going to want to shoot the special edition Enduring Freedom pistol? There were only 1,000 made, it's going to be a serious collectors item before too long and any wear and tear is going to drive the value down. Just a thought, but think twice about it.

Duxman

Good move Larry! I've had my 92FS for over 8 years and it has fed reliably, shot accurately, and been all out cool.

Definately one of my fav's.

Enjoy.

Larry C.

Took delivery today!

Howdy,

I decided to pay off my Beretta today on the..24 hour lay-away plan! Took her to the range and I did a little better than I would've expected. I'm a "Revolver" guy, as I said earlier. I was able to knock down the steel plates with about 80% (slightly better than that, actually) accuracy at 10 yds. Nothing special I know.
That Bruniton finish appears to be one of my 92 FS's "weak links" along with the notorious locking block. It feels good and shoots good. No failures of any kind after an initial 50 rds. This pistol has a fun-factor; I'm looking forward to finishing my first 1,000 rds in the upcoming weeks.
The Gold lazer etched characters on the slide are lovely, but will fade with use. It's my gun and I'm gonna shoot it! Can't wait.

Respectfully,
Larry C.

Trapp

Well, it will definatly last you for a while, hell the Coast Guard still uses the ones they were originally issued years and years ago and the still work great.........

abelew

Larry, I don't mean to jump on a bandwagon, but you got a 1 of 1000 gun. I'd put that baby in the safe, and leave it alone. You can get another, but that one is the first of 1,000 made, which might just make it very valuable later. However, if you want to use it, then it's a fine pistol.

9mmsnoopy

enjoy your new beretta! i used to have one of those, never had a lick of trouble from it, its a top notch gun, just a little bit bigger than what i like to carry. you will be happy with it im sure.

IZinterrogator

If you want a real limited edition...

My local pawnshop/ gun shop has two Beretta 92s with Operation Infinite Justice on the slide. :D

Larry, if you send it off to Langdon, please post a thread when you get it back and let us know how it shoots. I am thinking of sending off my 96G-SD to them for a trigger job and steel guide rod. If I send off mine first, I'll be sure to post the results for you.