My New AR15 Build In 6.8 SPC

sholling

I wasn't going to unveil her yet because I'm still waiting on the Vltor EMOD stock and rail ladders but what the heck why not. The Upper is an AR15Performance 6.8 Xtreme. This particular one was ordered with a limited availability option Lothar chrome lined 1 in 11.25 polygonal twist barrel. The optics are a Burris XTR 1-4x24 Tactical scope in a LaRue mount sitting over a Troy flip up rear sight. I love the true 1x magnification and the illuminated reticle design.

The lower is a DoubleStar with a G&R Tactical lower parts kit and an Adco two-stage trigger. Not stupidly light, just more my taste than a single stage.

IMG_0268a.jpg

IMG_0266a.jpg

jman841

Very nice, is that still DI? How does it shoot with the 6.8. what kind of groups can you get at 100 yards?

dipper

You are going to LOVE that rifle if it is like all the other Extreme uppers I have seen and heard about.
I have one on order and am anxiously awaiting its arrival... the same as yours.

Very small groups and dependability seem to be the norm for that upper...let us know how yours shoots.

sholling

is that still DI? How does it shoot with the 6.8. what kind of groups can you get at 100 yards?
Yes it's DI with a mid-length gas system. Mid-length is supposed to eliminate some of the issues found in carbines. I would know how it shoots until the middle of next week.

iamkris

That's very nice. I built my 6.8 as a "thumb my nose" at old Barak Zippity Doo Dah Obama last summer. It was my first build from all parts. versus assembling an upper to a lower.

• AeroPrecision multi-cal lower
  • Stag/CMT M4 upper
  • Badger Gen II TacLatch
  • RRA 2-stage NM trigger
  • VLTOR stock
  • WOA 18" SS SPR profile barrel and bolt
  • PWS FSC30 flash hider / comp
  • YHM front sight
  • Brownells HK-type rear sight
  • ERGO grip
  • Magpul triggerguard
  • MI low profile gas block
  • YHM FF rifle-length quad rail handguard
  • MI sling mounts
  • EoTech 511
  • PRI mags

I've got the EoTech and a 4X magnifier on it now but I really like 1-4X optics like yours. I have a DMS-1 on a FAL para and it is perfect for rounds that can stretch their legs a bit. The new Burris is on my short list...I think Burris is one of the better values out there. I like their hunting scopes a lot.

This rifle is 100% so far but I've only put 350 rounds through it. Accuracy is good with match ammo and 1.5-2 MOA with surplus.

That PWS comp/flashhider works really well. No noticable back/side blast, but it takes what little recoil the 6.8 has and makes it much closer to a 5.56.

2w6ap8w.jpg

kmullins

Steve, great setup you have there. From what I've heard, the 6.8 SPC seems to be a a great round. Best of luck with it.