My New AR After a Week:-)

Snyperx

Went to go look at the local LGS and walked out with a new Del-Ton Sport. Here is what is currently looks like after about a week of ownership. Thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140406_164433843_zpskrgwx8f_edit_1396820785580_zpspcsrorpk.jpg
    IMG_20140406_164433843_zpskrgwx8f_edit_1396820785580_zpspcsrorpk.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:

madmo44mag

AR's like to multiply so be careful.
Never thought I would own one and I built one just because and now, well I keep them separated in different safes because they multiply if left together:D.

Ibmikey

Buy ammo ! The prices are down and 5.56 in good supply so put some on the shelf and be able to shoot during the NEXT shortage. I have a couple of Del Ton's in the corral and have found them to be on a par with some other mid priced AR's and quality above the offerings of many. Keep the weight down for a quick pointing/handling rifle, everything you hang on it will add weight.

Snyperx

Harry,
I have shot. Shoots good from what I can tell. I only had a chance to put a couple of clips through it thus far.

Snyperx

Keep the weight down for a quick pointing/handling rifle, everything you hang on it will add weight.

Roger that. What you see is pretty much it. Only addition will be the Magpul MBUS rear sight.

rcase1234

How do you like that Sightmark reflex? I am considering ordering one for my AR eventually. I also just got into it :)

Snyperx

How do you like that Sightmark reflex? I am considering ordering one for my AR eventually. I also just got into it

Its no Eotech, but it is far better than the TruGlo I replaced it with. I have not shot enough with it on to comment on the durability. It is a bit larger than some of the other reflex sights, but overall I like it so far. I think for $90 on sale I paid it will be an excellent sight.

Justice06RR

Looks good so far. You can add more Magpul stuff, like a MOE or CTR stock and a MOE grip.

Buy more ammo and magazines (they are not clips btw :D ). Can't have too much of those.

If you have extra money, say $400 get a better optic like an Aimpoint PRO or Eotech.

Add a good sling and possibly a flashlight and call it a day.

Ben Towe

Very nice. You'll hear some on the interwebs badmouthing a Del-Ton, but mine has been rock solid and reliable so far.

Brotherbadger

Very nice. You'll hear some on the interwebs badmouthing a Del-Ton, but mine has been rock solid and reliable so far.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Del-Ton has REALLY stepped up their game over the past 4 or so years. They build a lot of their parts in house now(including their barrels, which i have heard great things about) and the quality is really nice. It's not Tier 1 oper8or levelz, but for 99% of us out there, it's a wonderful buy. I would buy a DT without hesitation if i were to build another AR.

Ibmikey

Both of my Del Ton rifles (mid length heavy and light weight barrels) are very tight shooters and have never had a malfunction, I replaced the FCG with ALG-ACT parts for super smooth shooting. The rifles are every bit as good as my BCM, Stag and PSA rifles....