My New 38 special Charter Under Cover lite

djohn

I was at the Gun shop today looking around and I spotted a New charter .38 special, model #53820 Aircraft Grade Aluminum weighs 12 oz.I pick it up for $310.00 + taxes.Hopefully its decent enough for a BUG only despite what is said about Charter.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 121

Dismantler

They aren't bad guns...they're just not as good as Smiths. I've had a few. I wouldn't shoot many +p's out of them, however, as I find that they can loosen up pretty easily.

djohn

Oh yes big difference how tight a S&W in comparison of the quality.I intend to fire a box of standard 38 then re check it,clean it and from that point on loaded up + P For a BUG only.

Chesster

Dave, looks good and may be a dandy BUG. All my Charters are much older save one. I found an Undercover with a matte frame, SS cylinder and checkered wooden grips with Charter 2000 on the shrouded BBL, appears to be a very early gun of the latest company to carry on the Charter name. It seems to have been subject to excellent quality control. I have handled some others with the C-2000 label that did not.