My Mother-in-laws ccw I bought her !

Taxidermist

Anybody want to pop out of the bushes and scare her for me?

John

attachment.php

Attachments

• strange_pistol_800.sized.jpg
    strange_pistol_800.sized.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 990

RsqVet

Word man!! dig it here, can da homies at glock start making dis in a 40 for when I be running from the cops, I mean it be hard to shoot behindze you and not cap your own head when I be running full on wit my chains jinglin while I try and swallow my stash.

DeathRodent

dudes thats a real working gun - the folgolthorp thumb cocker - you hold the grip with your 4 fingers in front squeezing the sides and push the trigger forward with your thumb!

It looks like a Webley from Webley & Scott - and before I go any further this is not another "Irish Joke" - one of my grandmothers was Irish anyway so ha.. I'd be shooting myself ...oops :eek: - if it were - but:

It looks a lot like (it once was) a 'New Model 1883 Royal Irish Constabulary' Webley and would be in .455 caliber. Therefore it may be a Irish Nationalist variant and contribuited to the founding of the Irish Free State - or Eire - in opposition to the Loyalist Constables who would then have been issued this weapon. Good theory anyway. :D

Hasta pronto amigos - An bhfuil aon mhaith ann?

Officer's Match

Does any one know what the recoil is like? How about the effective range?

Doesn't seem to be many range reports on this one.:rolleyes: :D

Officer's Match

...and the hammer is in a difficult position to cock for an accurate SA triggerpull. Better have a smooth, light DA pull so as to not throw aim off initial shot - not likely to be a follow shot.