My Kansas Buck

Woolecox

Nice little young buck. Nothing like some of the monsters I have seen around here. But, just too good to pass up in hopes of a trophy. He will eat good any way.

Took him first thing opening morning. 275 yards in a trot. He was with 2 other smaller bucks and a bunch of does. That is my main hunting rifle, a customized 700 Remington in 7mm Rem Mag with a Swarovski Z5 Ballistic turret. I have been using 168 Berger VLDH bullets under a near max load of RL-25.

Fortunate and blessed.

IMG_0658.jpg

hooligan1

Nice buck dude, 168 grain Berger VLDH, RL 25...mine likes the IMR 7828 with that bullet, and thats a helluva shot congrats.

Woolecox

One little question...why would a Texas guy go to Kansas to shoot a whitetail?

Stony,

I have friends up there have a huge farm and cattle ranch. Although my buck this year is very modest, there are many monsters up there that beat Texas deer in terms of body and rack size.

There are so many big deer it is ridiculous. The grain fed Kansas deer taste much better than TX deer too. Tons of pheasant and coyotes to hunt. You have to be able to shoot a long ways. We air it out on the backyard range almost every day.

Its all about friends and family too. Here is a nicer buck that one of my hunting buddies took that week.

IMG_0661.jpg