My Kahr is spoiling me

chris in va

The K9 continues to impress me. So much that I would love to have a T9 at this point. Just wondering though, why didn't Kahr make a T45? All I see is the polymer version.

Something about that bore axis gets me right back on target much quicker than expected. Or maybe my CZ just needs a spring change?

PSP

Just wondering though, why didn't Kahr make a T45?

Probably because he market is already flooded with similar guns. Neither the T9, T40 or TP45 for that matter led to mobbed gun shops fighting off customers.

The K9 is indeed an impressive little pistol. The T9 is that and more, but not much more. I shoot both about equally well. I wish the T9 had some grip panel alternatives, but at this time there is nothing available.

bikerbill

I've been having a love affair with my PM9 since I got it years ago ... it's my regular carry gun, rides in my pocket all summer and in a kydex paddle holster when it's cooler, if I'm not carrying my Kimber UCII ... they make an amazing weapon, has never failed since new, hundreds of rounds through it ... follow Karh's recommendation on replacing the recoil spring and you can't go wrong.

chris in va

How is the recoil with 45 and polymer? All steel is the main reason why I got the K9.

Maybe it's just the light DAO trigger. Para has a LDA 1911, perhaps I should just consider that instead.

orionengnr

The P45 is a a piece of cake. I love mine, and am looking to add a PM45 as soon as I find one for the right price.

For context, I'm a 50+++ years old, 5'9" and 145 lbs skinny-arse geek.

I'll say it again--the P45 is easy to carry, easy to shoot. I also own and carried a PM9 for about 3 years. Another jewel...but I prefer the .45 acp cartridge.

Sgt Pepper

ditto. the p45 is easy to shoot. very manageable recoil and easy on the hands. quick target reacquisition. seriously, this gun exceeded all of my expectations. easy and comfortable to carry concealed.

Elvishead

The K9 continues to impress me. So much that I would love to have a T9 at this point. Just wondering though, why didn't Kahr make a T45? All I see is the polymer version.

Something about that bore axis gets me right back on target much quicker than expected. Or maybe my CZ just needs a spring change?

yes

tomwalshco

For Kahr to be successful, and I think they are, they are focusing on the light, thin, carry models. They will probably always be bashed for their lineage, but I like their direction. I think every gun they sell is one less gun that Glock sells...

voodoo54

I Love my K9 but I'm selling it because I'm getting rid of all my 9mm. I just bought a CW40 and I love it, it's such an awesome carry weapon. What blows my mind is how many people have never heard of Kahr. Does anybody else get the deer in the headlight look when you mention Kahr?

rdmallory

They are not many made. Both of mine I had to order in. No one near me ever has any in stock and I have not seen any at the gun shows in town.

Doug

hdawson228

I remember that last summer, Kahr had a note on their website that demand had outstretched their production capacity and they were in a backorder situation. All models.:cool:

varoadking

The P45 and PM45 are both terrific. Avoid the polymer .40's like the plague...

moreguns017.jpg

P9, PM9, MK9, PM45, P45

The Hogue and Pachmyer grips make these much easier for me to obtain and maintain a comfortable grip...

voodoo54

I have a CW40, what's the problem that you have had or heard someone having? Not trying to be sarcastic just wanting to know.

obiwan1

VooDoo:

I'd keep one 9mm. In a SHTF event, 9mm may be more available than .40. At least it gives you one more option. Of course you could buy a ton of .40 ammo. ;)

iblong

VooDoo:

I'd keep one 9mm. In a SHTF event, 9mm may be more available than .40. At least it gives you one more option. Of course you could buy a ton of .40 ammo.

Im a fan of the 45 but I keep a few 9's for the day I may have to pick my ammo off the ground.Same goes for the 223. just saying.