My Glock is History

beemerb

Well I traded it off today.Took a bath on the glock but at least its gone.Got a Sig 245.Am now happy.The glock shot every time I pulled the trigger but didn't fit me at all.Its pointing characteristics where way off.By the way a friend of mine just sent his back to glock.One of the new ones.It cracked from the ser no all the way to the front.Wasn't happy at all.Glock is sending him a new gun but doesn't know if he will keep it or not.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

Sounds like you've found what works for you. One problem with the "universal" gun issued and required by some departments is that while it makes for simpler logistics (replacement parts) and training, it may not be suitable for all officers. I've always believed that it is better for the shooter to have confidence in the equipment. One thing which isn't wanted is reluctance to engage because of some hesitation on the officer's part because of the equipment. Carry it, shoot it, and learn it well.

Tankist

I afraid same goes for mine. Desided to sell mine to a friend. Took a bath on it big time.

I've had my G19 for over a year now and I still can't seem to shoot straight with it. Now, I know there is nothing wrong with the gun since I had one of resident Glock experts at the range have a crack at it. I think my biggest complaint about the Glock is the ergonomics. I have small hands, therefore when I try to hold the Glock properly I can barely reach the trigger safety. If I don't, I get a huge bruise at the base of my thumb. I've been trying for a while and I still can't seem to find a comfortable hold for my G19. Because of this my accuracy seems to be suffering quite a bit. All of my other pistols are fine despite being much larger in size then the G19. You know you got trouble when you're more accurate with a DE in .44mag then a G19 in 9mm. Guess it's the grip design, at least in my case anyway. Despite this problem, I still think very highly of my G19. It's a hell of a nice pistol, reliable, simple, very low maintennace. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go with P7M8 as the 9mm in my collection.

J. Parker

Sold my last Glock about a month ago. Owned three. No more. I can truly say I'm "Glock Free". Bought a brand new Sig P-220 to replace it. Couldn't be happier. :) :)J. Parker

Bud Helms

I have managed not to own one. Of course, as far as taking a bath is concerned, my wife is still working on my house training. :p

C.R.Sam

Since the 220 and 245 are nearly the same weight, fit the same holster properly, feel the same in the hand: It is nice to know that if you are recently practiced with one, the other will do just as well in a pinch. The magazine compatability is a plus too.

If mother made me carry an autoloader, I would choose a Sig .45

Sam...my favorite 9mm is the 9X32R, but .44s are cool too.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
There's not "one perfect gun for everyone"?

Quelle surprise! :D

That must be why they make so many different kinds. Me, I'm trying to collect 'em all... ;)

------------------
"..but never ever Fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and Bullets."
10mm: It's not the size of the Dawg in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

BobCA

While Glocks are fantastic guns, they're not for me. I've owned three. And now I just sold my G23 that I've owned since 94 and replaced it with a SigPro 2340. So I'm also Glockless, with no plans on getting another. Glocks are hard to fault, but if they don't fit you or you aren't comfortable with it, there's other options out their.

Will Beararms

Funny, I have gone back to the Glock----namely the 23. I did hear of one 26 and one 30 where the frames cracked in the ser. # area.

I like the size to power makeup of the 23 and find it a hard combination to beat not to mention the corrosion resistance.

beemerb

Sure is funny everyone wants to buy after it is sold.Now if some of you had come forward before you could have gotten a good deal.You all are again a day late and a dollar short.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

RedCrosse

Another day older and deeper in debt...
But one more Glock!

[This message has been edited by RedCrosse (edited November 15, 2000).]

BigMike

I also am "Glock Free." My first was a G19, then a G21, then a G26. EVERYTHING about the Glock appeals to me, but I never got used to the trigger. Took me several thousand rounds, and different trigger weights to help me out. I found the heavier trigger better, "New York", but still didn't like it enough to keep it. Also, my G21 was not 100% reliable and I had a hell of a time taking it down. Now I have the Beretta Brig(9MM), and my .45 Tanfoglio Witness and I couldn't be happier.

Mike

Opie-IN

Hi, my name is Brian and I am a Glockoholic. Its been 6 months since my last glock.....I have gone back 2 times since I was with a 17, once for a shot of 26, and once for a tall 23. That was before I met my sponsor, his name is Kahr K9 Elite. I think he will keep me away from the gun cases that contain the black guns.

denfoote

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimR:
If anyone has a G21 they're wanting to take a bath on, let me know. ;)[/quote]

Same goes for a G30 that someone out there just can't stand, and are interested in letting go for a song and a dance. ;)

------------------
Yeah, I got a permit to carry,it's called the friggin Constitution.---Ted Nugent

"Glock 26: 17 rounds of concealed carry DEATH comming your way from out of nowhere!!! THAT'S FIREPOWER, BABY!!!"

Taurus 605: Five hits of .357 MAG that will just ruin your day, Scumbag!!!!

Prof

I also sold my Glock 19 and got a Sig 245. The Glock is a fantastic firearm, certainly one of the best. But like many above, I could not get used to the ergonomics (POI was low) nor the "tupperware" frame. I suppose if I limited myself to one handgun, I would get used to and like the Glock. But I have several handguns, enjoy shooting them and the Glock was that different from all the rest. My Browning HP is still my favorite 9mm!

[This message has been edited by Prof (edited November 16, 2000).]