My first Sig.

Bullrock

A short time ago I posted on a couple of Taurus handguns I thought I might be interested in. "thunter270" pointed me to a Sig. 2022, and my first Sig. ever should join me at the firing range by the end of the week.

I was going to thank you earlier sir, then I got banned, and then I couldn't find the post. So thanks!

I paid $410 at Bud's Handguns with no tax or shipping charge. The more I've looked into this piece, the more confidence I have in the decision. Anyway I'll let you know how it turns out.

Leejack

Congrats!

Make sure you take plenty of tacks with you when you go to the range???

Because the 2022 will drive them! ;)

RC20

First of all, congatualti, its a grat gun. Gues I am doingok, I just gow "arned) not banned!

I have an SP2022 and love it, so none of htis is bad mouthing.

I do keep refining my feelings on the trigger.
1. DA is good
2. SA reset is good (short)
3. Combat SA is good. Target SA is not bad, but a bit mushy which other have commented on. I notice it if I am trying to be really accurate but not otherwise.
So, the trigger could be a bit better, but its pretty good as is.

Keeping that in mind, I was hand resting it the other day, had the laser on doing test runs on some loads. Put 5 in a group that had the holes overlapping, something between 5/8 and 7/16 at 30 ft (I was more interested in the velocity than a standard 25 yard shoot. I was only about 80-90% concentrating on the shooting.

I suspect the gun is a basically a 1 inch max at 25 yards (me aside). Stunning accuracy for a non target pistol.

bamiller

Bought one myself a couple of weeks ago and took it to the range shortly thereafter. Really impressed with it especially for the $380 out-the-door price. Very well balanced, grips well, and very accurate shooter. You will be impressed.

Marquezj16

One Sig is never enough...:D

Congrats! Hope you have the same experience as 99.99% of satisfied and happy SP2022 owners here. The other .01, well you can't please them all.

RC20

Yea, I want to get a small pocket carry Sig but want the DA/SA (P290?)

Cost is an issue.

Hoping to see a less costly one come along.

Baby SP2022 would be fantastic (there was a slightly smaller one but we can't get it here)

I think it will go down as one of the hallmark guns. Kind of like getting a Rolls Royce at a VW Price (the new very well done VWs!)

congrats! MUCH better choice than a taurus. i have a few other sigs already, and figured i had to try this one. i got mine for $370 nib, but i feel like that was a steal. i pick mine up next tuesday. it arrived at my ffl this monday, but i was already picking up my colt gold cup on monday, and i didn't want him to have fill out the multiple firearms purchase forms, so i'll wait a week.

Dan! Another one?! You just got the gold cup! Lol..did the seller refund the $100 yet like he said he would?

We should have a SIG picture thread...I think I'm going to make one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

he did refund me the $100. $800 for a nearly new colt gold cup isn't bad. it really may have never been fired. the top of the barrel was pristine. chances are he just took it apart once.

yeah. i have an addiction. i just ran through my whole collection in my head. i think i'm up to 27 total guns (mostly handguns). and most of those were purchased in the last year. prior to joining the forum last year, i only had 4. i can't tell you how many times i had to wait a few extra days to save my ffl the extra paperwork. and i sold 7 last year too!

the only guns i ever sold:
taurus 917c - my first handgun - reliable but inaccurate
taurus 24/7 pro compact - my second handgun - reliable but innaccurate
s&w sigma - my third handgun (and most despised) - sold within a week
bersa 45uc - my fourth handgun - bad hammer bite
kimber grand raptor - my least favorite gun over $1k - sold within a couple months
cz p-07 duty - the only cz i don't trust - sold within a month
hk p7 psp - sold it to a buddy because the one i already had was in better shape

i traded in both the taurus guns at the same time towards an old w german sig p226. i watched my groupings cut to half the size with that gun on my first mag. from then on, i decided not to buy any more POS guns.

Last edited:
That sounds about right lol. All that...I'm on 15 handguns, 2 shotguns, and 1 AR-15. Handguns are my favorite too. Definitely spend a lot on guns myself. Main passion in life ;) I sold a 642, RIA 1911, first handgun I ever bought Taurus PT145, Charles Daly thing...ugh..

Moral. Buy good guns. For the most part you get what you pay for.

Edit: the RIA 1911 and the 642 weren't by any means a POS. The 1911 was damaged when I bought it and the 642 is bad for my huge mitts.

i will when i get the sig and walther. i pick up the sig tuesday. i would imagine i get the walther the following week.

just took the gold cup to the range over my lunch break. wow. that thing shoots nice.

i will when i get the sig and walther. i pick up the sig tuesday. i would imagine i get the walther the following week.

just took the gold cup to the range over my lunch break. wow. that thing shoots nice.

Need to take out my gold cup too. I'm looking forward to those pictures of them together ;)

Really anxious to shoot my gold cup right handed the 18th brother! These pins come out. Can't wait. Congrats again!

i love how a sig thread turned into a conversation between the two of us about our recent purchases :D

you will love the gold cup. i don't know if the sights are set from the factory like this, but mine were set up with a bullseye sight picture. as soon as i figured that out, i could empty the mag into a single ragged hole from 10yds.

IMG_20120409_233027.jpg